ivf with donor egg

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello, hope for your help. I’m stuck, have no idea what to do. I’m 32, married, no kids. I was diagnosed with PCOS last year. Of course it was a shocking ‘news’. We were ttc for a long time. We’ve been dreaming about having children for 8 years already. But my doctor told me about medical treatment, that medicines will help and I have all chances to get pregnant. We put all our hope in this treatment. I spent one year in clinics, buying pills and other stuff. We spent so much nerves and money on this. Unfortunately no result. Only now I understand, that everything is not that easy as I thought. I really believed that I will be that lucky one, who get pregnant thanks to treatment. I can’t understand, why me? What have I done to deserve this. I’ve read so many stories about successful treatment. I’m happy for those women, but it makes me so sad nothing helped me… There are so many reports in the news about women, who throw their new born babies out. I personally know a couple of women, who made an abortion and not once. I’m not judging in no case! Different situation can happen in life. I’m just asking why God gives them children they don't want? And here I am, who wants to have kids more then anybody else, but I can’t. I don’t mean to be rude. I just have all this feelings and thoughts inside… They don’t let me live happily. I can’t accept childless life. My doctor told me, that my only chance to become a mother is ivf with donor egg. I have no idea about this procedure. Where should I look for donor egg? Will it be ok to carry someone else’s child? Will I love this baby? I have so many doubts! Girls, please, help me to figure it out… 

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi regiNA17. I hope you are still following this thread. I am facing fertility problems and feel exactly the same way. Women all around me are having babies and sharing happy moments and I can't help feeling envious and depressed.

After 6 years of TTC, I have started looking for treatment options abroad. After much research, Ukraine is my best choice. I was wondering if I could ask you some questions as you must have up to date info about the situation in Ukraine and the clinic. 

I hope your ivf journey is going well smile

• Posted

Hi hun! It's great you didn't despair. We don't regret we chose Ukrainian clinic. I'm pregnant and we are waiting for our babies to see the world) I wish you to find the best variant for you! We are happy with our choice. If you have any questions please ask. Good luck dear xx

• Posted

Hi.

You said that the doctor told you that they check not only donors, but their relatives too, so there is no risks of genetic deseases. I don't  understand how they can check the relatives, i don't think it is possible. I sent an e mail to the same  clinic, asking if the donors (sperm and eggs) are tested for genetical deseases, and they answered that the donor is checked after he/she is chosen.

I am interested for the 9900 euros package.

Can you, please, tell me how you choose the donor, because you said that ypu sent them same items and, after, they sent you 3  donors. they send me a list of many donors, a link with a password, not only 3, even if i had no contract with them; there were pictures with donors, with their children.

• Posted

Hi! I think it's just general questioning of the donor if her relatives had any diseases. I also don't think they make some medical tests to whole families of all donors.

We also received that database with password. I guess that was just for us to be sure it's not a trick/scam. As I've mentioned, after our first visit we sent the list of desirable features. Then we received 3 variants and chose the most suitable one. The thing is that it's anonymous procedure that's why we can't choose the donor. Of course it would be better to have such opportunity but we have what we have.

If you have any questions please ask! I wish you good luck with your de ivf!

• Posted

Hello everyone! I'm sorry I've been inactive on this forum for a while. It's been almost 1.5 years since I posted my thread hear. Everything changed since then. Now I’m a completely different person with a completely different life. I used donor eggs and got pregnant from the first try. I gave birth to my baby boy in April. I still can't believe that finally I became a mom after long years of ttc. I'm living in a dream now! I want to say to all women out there, who faced infertility, don't give up. I know it may sound corny. But if you stick to your goal sooner or later you will make it. We've been ttc for 8 years! That was so hard not to give up and just accept being childless. Now I'm so grateful to myself and my husband. Sometimes I had to push myself and make a huge effort to keep going. My dh was always by my side. Though sometimes it might be so hard, but remember the main purpose, why you are doing it. Wish everyone best of luck!

• Posted

I'm so happy for you! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Such stories give me hope that I will also a great journey. I've also faced infertility. I had cancer of a uterus. That's why there is no chance for me to carry my own baby. I believe that surrogacy will give us a desirable baby. I wish you and your family all the best! Your story is very inspiring.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.