Jacqs

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am here for some advice, my father who is 85 has been diagnosed with two aneurysm, one on the left side, which is 10 cm and one directly over his heart, which is 8 cm, both of which are un-operable, as my father would not survive the surgery, he is currently in a lot of pain and can only eat soup, as the aneurysms are pressing on a nerve and also the oesophagus, has anybody had any experience of this, and what was your story, I am wondering how long you can life with these aneurysm, before it bursts?  Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry I have no advice on the subject but as a person with heart problems I wish you and your father well and am sorry to hear about his condition. I hope you find your answer.

Warm regards, pat

• Posted

There is no guarantee for how long your father will live under these conditions. In a way, each one of us have to be prepared no matter how old or young we are. I would just say at his age I hope you have everything in order by now. My Mom just recently passed from a stroke. We had no idea that anything liie that would happen. She was of sound mind and relatively healthy. We've had everything financially in order for three years. The strokes that ended her life came as quite a shock. We had a good relationship with her. In her last 48 hours, we sang to her, talked to her, played her favorite music close to her ear and held her hand. Do now for your Dad what you may later wish you would've. Take time and think about those things you want to say to him. Every day is precious. God bless your Dad and family.

• Posted

I'm sorry but I can't speak about those issues. That's not the type I have. Hopefully someone will respond that does have some exposure to those types.

Hoping that he can get some relief he must be miserable 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.