Janet

Posted , 4 users are following.

I got the DRG , from Abbott, in Nov 2016. It worked ok, until I slipped on a wet floor, at PT , in March of this year. I've had x-rays, and had it reprogrammed many times , and have been told that the wires seem to be connected. It worked fine before I fell, but not after. My rep is very intelligent, and really helpful. He told me to turn off all leads, to see if it was working at all. I did this, 3 days ago, and can barely tell any difference. I think that something isn't connected adequately. Has anyone else had this problem ??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sounds to me that if you have no difference between being off and on then you disconnected your leads from your battery pack in the fall.  I have a similar  problem with my Nevro SCS, it only has that high frequency mode that you can't feel so you have no idea if it is on or off, you only know it is working by whether you feel better or not.  I had it on, my neck hurt in all it's settings so I shut the Nevro down and my neck hurt then too.  I concluded that either the Nevro wasn't connected or the battery pack was faulty, but the Nevro wasn't getting it's stimulation to my neck like it had in the trial. HTH

Lynn

• Posted

I agree completely, but my neurosurgeon did x-rays, and said all of my leads were connected. After 3 days of it being off, my pain became unbearable, so I turned all of my leads back on. This was Tuesday, and I'm still waiting for some relief !! It takes a few days for it to start working.

Thank you for your input.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.