JAS/dynasplint knee brace is needed for me tkr range of motion. Anyone have experience with this?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I saw my o/s on Thursday for my 6 month checkup. I can bend to 95 degrees and I am not fully straight. I have no pain. I was told a knee brace would help. Did discuss a MUA but o/s was happy I can bend and to keep moving my knee. I have ordered the brace but have not seen to many reviews about it.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I tried the brace and it did nothing for me. I ended up getting a MUA and wish I had done it sooner. I didn't have an issue straightening, my issue was bending. I hope you have better luck with the brace than I did.

• Posted

Thanks for replying. When was your MUA? I wonder why all the o/s recommend these Jas knee braces if they do not help. I will still try it, and also going to physio.

• Posted

Hi Paddycakes. I am nine months post op of LTKR. I also have a Jas brace. really not doing anything for me either. My PT and I do an exercise where he does the same as the brace. I have gotten better results form the exercise than the brace.

Hopefully it will work for you. keep up posted and good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for replying. The doctors keep recommending these braces. I will still try it, also going to physio for my ltkr and lower back pain which hinders my bend.

• Posted

i have had a very negative reaction to it. i dont know what went wrong.

i did as instructed..,starting slow, progressing to 30 min x 3 a day.

i never felt pain while i had it on but the joint and knee felt increasingly worse. i had another demonsration of procedure and was supervised.

the knee became more painful, and found food shopping in the supermarket almost impossible.

i am now on prednisone x 12 days and have loss flex

bility of 10 degrees . i only used it for 18 days .

• Posted

Thanks for replying. Sorry you had a negative reaction. I will still try the brace and have my pt monitor my progress. I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I think you may need mua but should have done it sooner. I didnt go to physio but first few weeks just concentrated on bending and getting leg flat on bed, and now have ideal range of movement , I found physios too rough , wanted to force knee resulting then in swelling and a day of more pain . I slowly bent and straightened knee and in pool , walked around shops with one crutch right after got out of hospital , had very little swelling because i didnt force it . Good luck , but havent heard good reports about the brace .

• Posted

My o/s says as long as I have reached 95 and said keep going to physio. also recommended the brace which I will try, need to straighten it more. What is your bend? I had slow progress in the first few weeks after surgery due to a lower back pain sciatica, still dealing with this causing limited range of motion.

• Posted

I will be scheduling a manipulation for scar tissue build up. not looking forward to it, but cant take the constant ache when walking. I keep waiting for the time when I will say it was worth it.....I feel no better than before the surgery. Still limping ( because I can fully extend), still hurts ( because I cant fully bend).

• Posted

When was your knee surgery? I have limited bend and not quite fully extend and my knee gets fatigued . The o/s has not recommended mua has he is pleased with my progress but has recommended the Jas brace. I hope your MUA goes well and it will relieve your pain.

• Posted

Hi,

3 1/2 mo ago. I spoke to my OS yesterday and while he was okay with going through with the manipulation for my ROM, he wants me to continue using the "board of torture" for extension as he says Manipulation doesn't work as well for that....Very frustrating.

• Posted

Hi Kathleen, my surgery was 6 months ago. Limited bend and extend and after long walks my knee is achy. My o/s wants my pt to work on straightening and strengthening also to use the knee brace which came this morning. Rep. , explained how to use it. My knee will extend on pt table but when i walk the knee is bent, therefore needing my strengthening exercises.

Hopefully my brace is not board of torture!

Hope everything works out for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.