Jason Hargrave

Posted , 17 users are following.

Anyone used this private surgeon in London ?Trying to find reviews and testimonials.

0 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Interesting article in the Sunday Mail 30/08/15. Refers to Jason Hargrave and his time in Norwich. Not sure it sheds him in the best light.
    • Posted

I read the article in the Sunday Mail. All I can say is that I had both my feet done by Mr Hargrave six months ago and I could not be more delighted.

I had double bunion op and two hammer toes done. I was up and about within two weeks. I have beautiful feet now. My friends daughter had the same done by Mr Hargraves 3 years ago and her feet are great. I can only speak from my experience but if I had to recommend Mr Hargrave , I would not hesitate. BTW I am not getting paid to say this. Lol

• Posted

Did you have your surgery with me Hargrave?

I am 3 days post surgery for toe shortening and unable to walk and in pain still. It's ok when I'm lying down but as soon as I put weight on it the pain is bad. Is this normal for you guys? I'm just worried that I won't ever recover! I keep telling myself to just relax and wait for a week at least before I start worrying about why I'm still in pain!

• Posted

Hi Katy

I am

Going for a consultation with him in a few weeks for toe shortening.

Can I ask

How they are feeling now?? And do you have any pictures

Thanks smile xxxx

• Posted

Hi Katy

I am

Going for a consultation with him in a few weeks for toe shortening.

Can I ask

How they are feeling now?? And do you have any pictures

Thanks biggrin) xxx

• Posted

Does anyone know if private health care covers tie shortening please?
    • Posted

It depends on your health insurance. Mine covered the tie shortening which was done by Mr Hargrave.
    • Posted

Hi Star,

Can I ask what private health insurer? I'm currently trying to find a good insurer for my husband and I. I myself have had toe shortening surgery with Mr Hargrave last October and am more than happy with the results. I paid myself for it but I think I'll need to get the same procedure for another toe on the other foot and want a good all round health insurer that would cover this too. 

• Posted

Hi, what medical reason would the insurers accept for toe shortening please?
  • Posted

NEVER EVER USE THIS COWBOY!!!

He left me in pain and disfigured!!!

• Posted

Hi John, 

I agree with Mark, he operated on me 8 years I'm also disfigured and still in pain. My biggest regret. Go to someone else, when things when things went wrong he wanted nothing more to do with it. If it were me I would do whatever I go to resolve the problem, just makes me think it happened often so he didn't care.  His secretary talks him up, promotes him as one of the best. Far from it. 

• Posted

Hi is there anyone that you would recommend for toe shortening please? Do you mind telling me Who fixed the problems Dr Hargreaves left you with in the end?  Sorry to hear about the bad experiences and it’s definutely put me off ...
    • Posted

Hi, unfortunately I'm botched for life, my GP referred me to a podiatric surgeon at an NHS hospital, the surgeon strongly advised to leave them alone and I accepted his advice  following a skin plasty on one of toes performed by JH which made matters worse not better. I couldn't take another risk. I had 6 toes shortened and they're all disfigured. I've also seen neurologists for the pain but nothing helps. I am not able to wear trainers or boots because they really swell and burn up. So not only do they look bad I can't even keep them covered up now. 

When I had my operation I didn't come across other surgeons who shortened toes in England, it was done in USA and Germany so I don't have any recommendations. I think you are probably determined to have the procedure but I would seriously think twice about it if I were you. The patient information sheet states you will lose some flexibility but this is more difficult than it sounds. imagine never being able to bend or curl those toes. It is limiting so you may not be able to do some exercises, floor exercises, yoga etc .  

• Posted

Hi Suzan what exactly went wrong with the toe operations please? I had bunionectomy and hammer toe surgery (with nectar implants in 2nd and 3rd toes to keep them straight with Mr Hargrave. I have also had anthroplasty on the fourth and fifth toes and I am satisfied that my foot is a lot better than it was as my toes were severely retracted. Of course my toes feel stiff but I was aware that that would be the case from the start. I can now walk a reasonable distance without any pain I.e a few miles. What went wrong? John
    • Posted

My toes were  not aligned correctly when shortened so they never healed. The swelling has never gone and it looks (and feels)  like an elastic band is tied around the middle of my toes. My toes are about  twice as wide as they were. Imagine having a tight  elastic bank on four fingers/toes, that's how my toes are, I can't describe it any other way. Much more abnormal in appearance than long toes!

• Posted

Sorry to hear that. I know the sort of feeling you mean. Please can you post photos? I would be very grateful. Thanks John
    • Posted

Hi John, do you have any before and after photos? I had mine shortened on Friday. Reading the reviews online is making me feel worried about the outcome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.