Jason Hargrave

Posted , 17 users are following.

Anyone used this private surgeon in London ?Trying to find reviews and testimonials.

0 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I had a 2nd metatarsal shortened snd straightened after dislocation.  Since then I have only what I can describe  as a clicking sensation underneath my toes on the pad of my foot.  Otherwise the op seemed to go well, my toe does not bend any more because of screws.  Anyone else have this sensasion?
  • Posted

Grant did you go to Mr Hargrave. I am looking in to having a hammer toe/bunion operation done as it is causing me a lot of discomfort. The hammer toe feels like a football on my toe and is very stiff. Miserable all round. I would be grateful for ant info on your experience and anyone else as thinking of using Mr Hargrave?
    • Posted

Hi John

I had my bunion and hammer toe on both feet done at the same time by Mr Hargrave.

I Am 9 weeks post op today and very happy with the results and my recovery .

No swelling or pain anymore except a twinge or two if I overdo it.

Wearing trainers and sandals.

I found Mr Hargrave very open about the op, aftercare, things that can go wrong etc. I spoke to some of his patients in the waiting room and everyone seemed to be happy.

At the end of the day only you can decide to go with him or not . I personally am very happy with his work. My friends daughter had her bunions done by him and is very happy.

I have posted some before and after pictures before which you can have a look.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Star thanks for the reply. I think I will probably go with him as the hammer toe in particular is causing me misery. How do I get to see the pictures of before and after please?

• Posted

I think if you Click on the picture next to my name it should take you to my posts, if not let me know and I will post it again .
    • Posted

Hi John 

here are my before and after pictures. The after picture is 6weeka post op

• Posted

Wow that is a great improvement. My hammer toe is a bit worse than yours. I hope he can do as good a job on me!
    • Posted

Thanks Star. Roughly how much did your op cost please?
    • Posted

Hi john

I had private insurance do they paid for it. I think for both feet it came to around £4000 including hospital on s day surgery. Then you have your X-rays at £145 each time for each foot. And review appointments.

Call Jacqueline she is his secretary , she is lovely and very helpful . She will give you all info with no obligation to go through with it . She might come up with a package for you.

Her number is 0207 870 1076.

Are you having both feet done or just one?

• Posted

I think just the one and yes I have spoken to Jackie. She seems lovely. Just a bit worried about things going wrong
    • Posted

Of course with every surgery there is a risk but you will be in good hands.

Also you must be prepared for the long recovery time. It does get boring being stuck at home. As you are doing one foot only it will be easier to get around .

Hope all goes well for you if you de if to go ahead.

• Posted

By the way Star was the middle joint in your hammer toe swollen and stiff. Mine feels like it is really big and that feeling is the main discomfort. It feels like all the bones in my foot are in the wrong place. One of my main worries is that I am not really doing it for cosmetic reasons but that I feel like my foot is really uncomfortable and out of sync i.e. the big toe has pushed the other toes over and they have been forced upwards at their base and then down at the mid joint making that middle joint in my third toe in particular really swollen and stiff. was yours anything like this? Any thoughts would be appreciated as I am worrying myself sick as to whether he will be able to fix it. Perhaps I have left iot too long? Sorry to keep on. I am just not in a good place at the moment
    • Posted

Hi John

It's no problem you can ask as many questions as you like, glad to help if I can.

My hammer toe was not swollen but the middle joint was prominent and uncomfortable in shoes. The bunion was forcing the toes to bend and that's how hammer toe develpes as the toes clench for balance to compensate for the big toe joint being ouT of t alignment. He will probably do a scarf method where he cuts the bone of the big toe in two places and aligns it and then he will shorten your hammer toe by taking one of the small joints out and put a screw in to straighter and flatten it. There are many pictures of very deformed feet on their website before and after photos that make you think how God he fix that. I am sure yours is no worse than them. He will be able to tell you everything in your consultation and after you had your X-rays done . He explains everything on detail and he showed me what he is going to do on a model and showed me what pins and screws he was going to use. I felt much better after my consultation as I was very nervous before .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.