Jaundice cause confusion?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have uti with mild jaundice totally forgot about it in other thread..i posted this on uti thread ..please help ..

Posted about an hour ago

Im so depressed right now..i have been sick since the beginning of october..it started with extreme weakness .shortness of breath...then after a week or so i started to feel very confused ..like how you feel after when you start to drink ..dizziness n confusion 24/7 was making me crazy..my parents thought it was because of my cellphone at night habits..i got my blood tests (cbc) done which shown my leukocytes higher but doc said it was normal..my thyroid was in control as well..then i got ultrasound n it came back normal..in between i had so many weird symptoms.. like pain in joints..random rashes on breasts..discoloration on stomach..then finally i sent my urine sample and was diagnosed with uti ..im on antibiotics from 3 days but i still have the confusion feeling ..it gets worse at night..im afraid if something else is happening to me sad some help wud give me relief..does anybody else feel like that in uti

Sorry English is not my first language

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

A bad uti will give you all those symptoms and more especially if it's left untreated, you need to increase your fluid intake as well as I bet you are dehydrated, give the tabs a chance to work and you will start to feel better, 0 alcohol obviously and I can't stress enough plenty of water and no exercise for a few days, let your body heal, take care
    • Posted

Thank you..this makes me feel better ..i think thats the problem i left it untreated for more then a month..im a dancer and i have stopped training because i could not focus..hoping to get well soon because this is making me depressed
    • Posted

How are you feeling now the tabs are kicking in, better I hope.

If you have an issue internally then trynatural yyogurt.

• Posted

I do feel better ..i no longer feel weak n dead all the time but the confusion thing is still there ..hoping it clears up soon as well ...

i have changed my diet too because of jaundice ..trying to eat as healthy as i can ..will definitely try yogurt.. thanks bud

• Posted

No probs, ask your Dr if you can try milk thistle, I'm not allowed it but supposed to be beneficial with liver.

You do need to go and get some more bloods done as you could have picked up another bug

• Posted

its been more then two weeks since my last blood tests ..ill talk about it with my doctor n will see what he thinks ..last one month have been like a nightmare ..
    • Posted

All nightmares end, but just be careful and look after yourself and see you Dr sooner than later, hope you start to improve daily which I'm sure you will.

Keep us posted

• Posted

Thank you dear ..you have been so nice and helpful..im seeing my doc tom..will post after the appointment !
    • Posted

Hi that's great, he will probably tell you that it's not unusual to have a reaction to strong antibiotics but luckily you didn't just stop them which allowed your body to start to repair the damage the uti was causing, people don't realise how bad they can get, and dehydration can make some people seem as if they have dementia.

Glad your feeling a little better.

• Posted

you are right..I wish i had even slightest bit of idea about uti because i din have typical uti symptoms...my maa told me last time when i had one i was just 7 ..now im 22 so din knew much about it..none of the docs here told me that i may have uti ..i sent my samples on my own after researching a bit.. I was so scared that even got recurring panic attacks ..its something i wish nobody should ever go through !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.