Jaw ache

Posted , 8 users are following.

woke up this morning at 5 am with bottom jaw ache.

Yesterday i spent the day with my friend talking, then at night i went to a wedding reeption and was talking with peole i had  not seen for years.

Also i have dentures, that give me problem, so hoping all of this is causing the jaw ache.

I have no earache,or pain in my temple area, so ami just worrying for nothing.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Probably.  I don't spend much time talking with people and when I do I develop a sore throat and worry that I've caught a bug.  But if you find the pain increases when you eat, or you start to notice any vision issues, then hie thee to a doctor or emergency department.  

Time to get the dentures issue sorted out perhaps?  Your very definite symptoms right now might help the denturist figure out exactly how to modify them.

• Posted

Probably - the jaw pain with GCA tends to be during chewing and then fades when you stop. So waking with it would be very unusual - especially as you have no other typical complaints. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.