Jaw, chest and arm pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been having jaw, shoulder, armpit and arm pain all on my left side for a few months now. I also have central chest pain sometimes, i have had the chest pain for at least 3 years now, had all heart tests for that, multiple ecg's, an echocardiogram, stress tests all came back normal. I've had a couple ecg's since having the jaw/arm/shoulder/armpit pain too, all ok. All pain lasts for a few seconds, the most being a couple of minutes. A coupe of weeks ago however i had left shoulder pain all day with bursts of jaw pain throughout the day lasting a few seconds at a time. I am a bit worried now as i know jaw pain and arm pain especially on the left side can be cardiac related. I usually get the jaw pain by itself or shoulder pain by itself etc., not with the chest pain, it's all separate. I am quite anxious, i was diagnosed with a small hiatal hernia 3 years ago and mild gastritis. Could this be causing my symptoms? Another thing, i mainly get these pains at rest, and if i get say, shoulder pain it doesn't go away if i change position, it is constant. I have had pain on exertion ie running on the treadmill but that was months ago and i haven't had it recently. Weird symptoms i know. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dan, I suffer left sided chest pain (on and around moob area lol) aswell as in the centre of chest and left arm heaviness/dullness. this all started almost a year ago and was told it was anxiety/depression then got told it may be costochronditis but doc wanted to get me checked over. I have got hospital in 2 weeks to see a cardiologist but have had ecgs, chest xrays, blood tests but all come back fine just like your tests.

I am not sure what I have but am aware that gastritis and anxiety both cause these pains so try to ignore it. at worse I put deep freeze on my chest and arm when it is bad and that seems to help

if you are concerned get checked out but considering it has being a long time thing and you have had it a while I would say you are good to try and ignore it

• Posted

That's reassuring that your test results have been normal so far. Deep freeze is a good idea, i will try that.

Yeah, my thinking is if it was serious something would have happened by now lol.

Thanks for replying and hope everything is ok with cardiologist in a couple of weeks, i'm sure it will be

• Posted

Dan, have they checked you for PEs?

• Posted

No, do you think i should ask my gp about that? I do get breathless sometimes too which i forgot to mention.

• Posted

It would be a good idea Dan, some of your symptoms were the same as I had with a PE. Jaw, Arm, Breathless.

• Posted

I asked my GP for a d dimer test, he said they are not very accurate. I was called back to the hospital for an echocardiogram three months after I was diagnosed with my PE. I assumed the could detect the blood flowing normally.

• Posted

hey dan how's everything going for you now? i do have same symptoms but a little worse i am just 18

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.