Jaw Clenching

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I started Citalolpram yesterday (21/04/15) and wondering if jaw clenching is normal? Also does the 'weird' feeling go like being spaced out but not? I also have a very dry mouth and my eyes feel like they are rolling due to tirdness and a mild headache will these subside?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa the symptoms u are talking about happened to me wen I 1st started cit apparently they are some of the side effects of the drug...but it does get better after a week or so and wen they kick in u will feel the benifits
  • Posted

Hi Lisa

I'm on 4th week now and can confirm all your aymptoms. I went through jaw clenching - it is not as bad now. Dry mouth - eases off after a few days but can come back if anxious or stressed.

The spaced out feeling keeps coming back but less and less now.

Be patient. It takes time for it to start working.

Good luck!

• Posted

hi ethan and jelly,

It's good to know these are normal side effects, I'm wondering if it would be benificial to take the tablet a few hours before I go to bed,so then I could drive (I had a crash 10 days ago and that broke the camels back so to speak) so the side effects don't bother me as much.

• Posted

Hi, I started the tablets 5 days ago. I haven't had the jaw clenching but I have had the over whelming tiredness and I take my tablet before bed.
  • Posted

quick question does the tiredness pass? as most weekends I look after my grandson and he's only 6 weeks old, just don't want to take one and not hear him crying in the night
    • Posted

I'm only on my first week but it seems like I have good days and bad days. Yesterday I had to leave work I was so tired, today I'm much better.
  • Posted

Had all the above. It was brutal for me. 7 weeks in and finally feeling the benefit. Couldn't work for weeks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.