jaw clenching help - escitalopram combo

Posted , 3 users are following.

I recently started taking escitalopram, im very happy with the way im feeling. The problem is i have severe jaw clenching.

Would a dose increase help?

Or could the doctor add another drug to counter the jaw clenching?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

What do you mean jaw clenching?
    • Posted

sub conciously always clenching jaw and teeth chattering. During the day and night.

I know its not anxiety it only started since i started the meds.

Also my anxiety has more or less all gone now with the meds.

• Posted

sub conciously always clenching jaw and teeth chattering. During the day and night.

I know its not anxiety it only started since i started the meds.

Also my anxiety has more or less all gone now with the meds.

• Posted

You could always call your doctor or a nurse on call to explain the side effects.  It also most likely your anxiety, we tense our muscles when we are stressed and anxious.  You might try to ride it out, because some side effects do wane, go away after awhile. 
    • Posted

Hi Michael,

Thanks for that.

I did go to see the doctor and he suggested a switch in medicine or ride out the next few days to see if it subsides.

• Posted

Good to hear.  Keep in touch with you doctor.  These medications are touchy and people don't check in with the doctors as regularly as we should.  I have been guilty of that.  Of course I did not have insurance and had to pay cash.  But our mental health is just as important if not more than our physical health.  Wish you the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.