Jaw pain and teeth ache

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm been suffering with anxiety over the past year de cause if dizziness from migraine associated vertigo (MAV) it causes constant dizziness in some way. But lately I've been noticing I'm clenching my teeth when I'm anxious, my teeth will hurt and my left jaw aches. I keep thinking it's my heart, cause I also feel my chest with feel odd, like I'm scared. Also my neck and tops of my shoulders will hurt. I started taking propranolol in the last few weeks and I'm always thinking in the back of my mind it's going to do something. But it helped the anxiety except when I overthink. Does snyone else feel this stuff?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I dont take those meds but I get that. I just posted something a few days ago of a really sharp pain that went into my chest, jaw, shoulder and stomach. Turns out it was acid reflux.. Yes, apparently jaw pains can be caused by acid reflux. My doctor told me and I couldn't believe it. Since you're nervous of your heart, you will find you have more chest pains.. I'm assuming your heart has been extensively checked? I am going through the same thing right now, chest feels weird and having some heartburn (blame the kettle chips) but my mind is telling me that I'm having a heart attack.

Long story short, dont worry, it really does make it worse. Do something to distract yourself. I even write myself notes to look at during the day that say "your doctor said you're fine" or "don't think anxious thoughts today". Sometimes they help, other times they don't. But you are fine.

• Posted

Thanks for the support. Everytime I go to the doctor my GP he checks and listens to everything and says it's anxiety. But you know how that what if it's kit this time. I haven't been to the GP in a few months because I just couldn't keep running in there.

Thank you for taking with me

• Posted

Ugh that's the worst.. But my mom (she's a nurse) always tells me heart attacks won't last a month at a time, so if you keep experiencing this pain and you're still here, it's just anxiety. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to go in for a check up to ease your mind?

• Posted

I copied and pasted this for you. I have tmj/tmd and it causes issues. But i want to give you the correct info. So i pasted it.. this...tmj Common symptoms include:

Pain or tenderness in your face, jaw joint area, neck and shoulders, and in or around the ear when you chew, speak, or open your mouth wide

Problems when you try to open your mouth wide

Jaws that get "stuck" or "lock" in the open- or closed-mouth position

Clicking, popping, or grating sounds in the jaw joint when you open or close your mouth or chew. This may or may not be painful.

A tired feeling in your face

Trouble chewing or a sudden uncomfortable bite -- as if the upper and lower teeth are not fitting together properly

Swelling on the side of your face

You may also have toothaches, headaches, neck aches, dizziness, earaches, hearing problems, upper shoulder pain, and ringing in the ears (tinnitus).

• Posted

The clenching causes it or is it. I have a mouth splint from a maxillary surgeon. Still get a bunch of symptoms but its better then nothing. Caused by the anxiety 😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.