Jaw Pressure, face Pressure, headaches and chest tightness/minor shortness of breathe

Posted , 5 users are following.

So.. I have received a MRI, CT, all types of blood work for anything that had to do with pressure headaches, jaw pressure, nose pressure. Don’t think it’s sinus this has been going on for 3 and half months, I don’t have any congestion either. The most that scares me is the headaches and jaw pressure. About a week and half ago I have noticed chest tightness in one spot and minor shortness of breath.. Went to the dentist for TMJ.. said it was possibility there are signs of clench/grinding.. went to ER for chest and got chest x ray.. nothing. Every test has been clear. Wonder if it’s anxiety that I’ve never got before but I do get worried when these things happen a lot.. or could it be TMJ? Or autoimmune problem.. that runs in my family. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi yes, I would say could be auto immune based. I have had similar symptoms with a form of vasculitis. Blood work unremarkable usually though sometimes esr/crp raised. I would say if it runs in the family there's a possibility that is what you are dealing with. What kind of disorders run in your family you don't mention. 

I would have said that pushing for a referral to someone who can rule that out or in would be your next step. 

• Posted

Well I really feel your answer lies there. Very hard sometimes to spot these problems in a general work up a gp would fo. Ask for a referral on to a rheumatologist.
  • Posted

I have some of the same issues such as headaches, nose pressure and I have trouble swallowing quite often and I to have been unable to find any answers to as why this is happening which is really frustrating so I feel your pain. Please keep me updated if you find out anything and I'll do the same if I can figure what is causing all these problems.

• Posted

Rob, I have recently been experiencing these same exact issues you describe and the doctors can't figure it out. Have you had any progress in getting answers for this?

• Posted

Maybe you should see a doctor to rule out any heart related issues.  Probably not that, but it's best to err on the side of caution.

• Posted

Yes I got right on that as soon as I felt anything that had to do with my heart. They did chest X Ray and a couple EKG’s and blood tests and nothing was there. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.