Jaw problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

can gca be one sided.

this morning on my right side when I ate it ached and eased after eating, I also had a slight ache in my right temple.

as to the dental issue my dentists knows about my problems.

since taking steroids my bottom teeth deterrated so much I had to have them removed. My dentist said because I have no bone at the bottom I cannot wear my dentures when I eat(embarrassing at times) as no adhesive  seems to help, and I cannot go through having any teeth screwed in, never mind the cost of doing it.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maggie, (is that ok? If not let me know). I feel for you sooo much!

Teeth problems are one of my greatest fears, as I'm so INCREDIBLY afraid of the dentist....I mean I can't even begin ti describe it! It's a full on Phobia. I think it may stem back to the horrible experience I had at age 4 when having my tonsils removed. I can remember it VIVIDLY!!

Anyway, I can only imagine how you must be feeling...any idea of how you'll handle your problem?

Man, as good as prednisone is, it sure has a wealth of problems!

Please let me know how you're doing. Take care💕

• Posted

Yes, it can affect just one side - just as it need not affect the temporal artery. It is probably worth speaking to  your doctor. 
  • Posted

A bit late to the game, but have you been taking calcium and Vitamin D supplements since you've been on steroids?  Another very important nutrient which is not covered by insurance is Vitamin K2 (not K1 which you can get from your leafy greens and other foods).  If the supplements are too expensive you can find this vitamin in certain foods: grass fed (never grain fed, not even "finished) animal products including eggs, some fermented foods may help our own gut produce a small amount, although apparently most of us are not very efficient at it - we rely on our animals to give us what we need.  The best source, and in fact what the supplements are made from, is natto, a Japanese fermented soy.  This is, I'm told, an acquired taste, mostly because its consistency is slimy and crunchy at the same time, but it is very high in Vitamin K2 and has been described by Japanese researchers as a true superfood.  Vitamin K2, is necessary to send calcium into the bones.  Magnesium is another micronutrient which helps the bones absorb calcium.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.