Posted , 5 users are following.
It has been 14 years now. When I was a freshman in college, my back of head started to be tender and sometimes painful. I went to the GP, and the doctor suspected it could be hypertension which results turned out to be normal. But, the soreness, the tenderness went on growing and radiating from my back of head to the mid-front. Until today, I feel strange sensations on my scalp. I needed to massage my head to get some relief (pain killers helped but only for sometime). My scalp is sensitive to touch, and gives me a burning sensation whenever my hair (head) gets wet - in cold water or rain etc. So I have to avoid the rain, or cold water. But, what worries me a lot until now is my memory. My brain power kept on dwindling, and I am fatigued most of the time. My brain symptoms relate to what they call "brain fog", but this was not verified by a medical professionals. What I had been through so far..
1. A GP suspected it could be depression, and I was placed on anti-depressants, but none helped. The drugs kept me awake in the night exasperating my brain weakness in the day time. So I quit after taking the drugs for about six months.
2. B12, I was taking B12 vaccines but it did not help as such. I am fatigued all the time, and my memory remained poor
3. Thyroid - results turned out to be normal
4. Heavy metal intoxication - samples from my blood, and hair were taken and analyzed - all turned out to be OK
5. Brain CT scan - my head was scanned twice but gave no indication of issues with brain
6. Sinus – I feel my head is full, feel intense pressure when I bend down. But, I have no nasal blockages etc. Yet, I was prescribed to taking nasal spray that helped a bit. I felt a little relieved on my head. But the sprays triggered nasal blockages (if I stop taking the sprays) that I had no such issues before. I quit on taking the sprays.
7. Sleep problems - I actually do shift works at the moment, but the problems described begin long before taking the shift work. I took a month long vacation this year, I was sleeping 8 hours..but my memory, fatigue issues remained same.
8. exercise - helps a bit, but I am not refreshed after exercise.
9. Change my foods – no much help.
So before all of this started, I was one of the brightest students in my clas. Very active, and was nicknamed "fast" [biggrin] now I feel like I am a zombie. I struggle to accomplish simple tasks at work. Poor memory, coupled with fatigue …I feel ashamed sometimes. I took up a memory improvement online course, but could not further it, because I was not (or takes me a lot) to memorize the subject matters.
Some experiences that I suspect are either the cause, or are the result of the problem I now have..
1. Most of my "bad" dreams are related to my Uni times a decade ago. I see dreams of the past where I was short of time and struggling to prepare for exams, to submit my essays etc. I see dreams when I missed an important exam, etc.
2. I was shy when it comes to women, and was into masturbation practices during those UNI times. I was so exhausted after doing masturbation. I remember to struggle to study soon after doing masturbation. So I quit on doing it, though some three years later, I guess I was addicted.
Because of my fatigue and less active brain power, I can’t go back to Uni, even if I really want to.
So what can I do??? Or has anyone had similar experiences to share?
0 likes, 10 replies