Jittery and anxious

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm on my 4th week of citalopram, started at 20mg now on 40mg.

I'm so jittery and can't sleep is this normal?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angie

perfectly normal, side effects are awfull but well worth sticking with , been through these myself has taken up to eight weeks for me to feel better but you will get there, hope this helps

Ray

• Posted

Hi I'm on week 6 of 20nmg ang still feel low and anxiety intrusive thought did it take 8 full weeks for u to feel better ? What dose are u on ?

Thanks

• Posted

I'm on week 4, started on 20 mg now up to 40 mg. Not feeling anything but anxious and jittery but I'll stick with it!
  • Posted

It sounds like the increase is giving you side effects, that is normal. If you can get some Ativan prn that may help you get through the adjustment it is temporary.
  • Posted

Personally though, 40mg is quite high at this early stage - I'm not surprised you feel as you do.  Feeling jittery and unable to sleep is quite normal for quite a few weeks plus you get that whenever you increase a dose too, but you may be suffering more due to the high dose.  It should settle, but if not after a few more weeks I'd suggest you see your doctor as a reduced dose might suit you better.

K x

• Posted

I've an appointment next week so will be asking about my dose. This is so hard to keep going through

Thanks for the advice..

• Posted

You're brave..I could only handle 3 days on 20mg but I guess we all have different body chemistry. When I spoke to my doctor he said I shouldn't have been experiencing side effects that severe and to cut the pill in half or switch to Zoloft, which he iniatially recommended. Good luck with everything!
  • Posted

I'm the same I had my dose increased to 40 mg it's 3.30 am and I'm wide awake. . I'm planning to stick with it thou xx
    • Posted

Hi Sam, I'm sticking with it also!

It's hardest in the middle of the night, but your not alone😋Positive thoughts!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.