Jittery feeling.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone else feel jittery and scared(of what, l don't know) on Bisoprolol? Comes on me at random times, daytime but especially night around 10. Also woke me at 4 in the morning. It's a really weird feeling and brings my mood down. Have been tapering off Bisoprolol, with Drs permission of course, for past 5 months as l want to do it slowly and carefully. Am on them for sinus tachycardia, diagnosed Jan 2016.

Am wondering if anyone else has expirienced the same?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

YES me too.

I never used to feel like this. In fact the same feeling cam eover me about two hours ago. I too am weaning myself off the cardicor, never again!!

• Posted

Hi Angela

Thanks for reply. Do you think it's because we are weaning off Bisoprolol that we get these jitters? Not sure now when mine came on as felt awful most of the time on this drug. I also get a stuffed nose and one watery eye, itchy skin, hair loss and more. It does control my fast heartrate though which is good. Am still weaning off it though even of it takes me all year. Dr said l can keep having them for when needed too. Take care.

• Posted

Hi sorry for not replying sooner. I have weaned off them and feel a lot better. I am fed up of c... medication eg statins, ppi's, cardicor. I am in agony with peripheral neuropathy. I am weaning off a benzo and reduced from 30 mgms a day to 4.75 mgms a day. Benzos are the pits. I am not surprised that drs are getting more and more reluctant to prescribe them. If weaning off they  have to be done very  slowly to prevent protracted withdrawal etc. Benzo clobazam prescribed for epilepsy but never controlled the seizures . Take care.

• Posted

Hi Christine, I get that jittery feeling when I go into AF, or if my heart is a bit racy its an awful feeling.  Sometimes it settles and of late since I had the ablation it has gone away after a short time.  I take metropolol to stop a fast heart rate and after about a week the effects of that medication (tiredness mainly) have settled down and do not worry me at all. My EP said I would get used to it. 
    • Posted

I am hoping to get my cardiologist to change me off Bisoprolol onto Metropolol 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Julie. I agree it's an awful feeling and on top of the other side effects not a good place to be. Am relieved though that it's not all in my head and others are expiriencing similar, although wouldn't wish it on anyone else to be fair. Take care.

• Posted

Dear Christine,

You are not alone, I can vouch for this and have experienced the same.

Terrible feeling sometimes keeps me up most of the night. The way I explained it was an adreanaline rush. Sometimes I get some check pains. I have had ECG;s done afterward alot and there was nothing new to be found so must be the medication.

• Posted

Thanks also for your reply Mardi. I thankfully don't have chest pains when l get the jitters so that's a bonus. Sorry you are kept awake most of the night when yours come on. So scary isn't it? Side effects of medication are almost as awful as the symptoms we have. Take care.

• Posted

If your weaning it has to be a pretty precise wean, like with a milligram scale, I used to wake up at 4am in full blown panic and it was due to me weaning off it by eye, if I was on 2mg and tried cutting down without a scale my body would take it so hard while sleeping, it's your body's adrenaline pushing way too much. It's really crappy to wean by eye.

I highly highly recommend getting a milligram scale to help with getting of bisoprolol.

I'm currently on 9mg(weighed) which is about a quarter of a milligram if cut with a razor, basically a crumb, and so far no bad experiences yet, it's been a couple months since weaning with a scale.

Goodluck!!

• Posted

Hi Victor

Yes l agree with you there about using a scale. Have got one and doing everything as l should but still getting jittery and horrible adrenalin surges, usually after a 6 hour gap between taking the bisoprol. And normally in early hours. Although had a 157 surge one evening around 10pm. That was scary. Had to take a half dose of Bisoprolol which l thought was a step back. I know it's a case of keep trying and hoping for the best. Thanks for your input and information.

• Posted

I am prescribed cardicor 1.25 mgms a day for Long qt syndrome and having shortness of breath, a cough, drowsiness etc . I am weaning off it but how from such a small dose. Also weaning off clobazam a benzodiazepine as per the Ashton Manual. Complete nightmare. I can honestly say that I wish I had never seen or heard of these drugs!!!! BOTH prescribed. I did not know how damaging benzos are!!!!

• Posted

Me to Angela l hate these drugs and wish I'd never even heard of them let alone taken them. Worse things ever. Feel so much worse on them than l ever did before and that was with awful palpitations. Least l didn't have the anxiety and stuffed nose,thinking hair,watery eye and other side effects.

• Posted

Still using the scale? Dont rely on the first reading you get on the scale, I weigh the bisoprolol at least 10 times and see which reading i got the most then went from there, the scales bounce up and down alot so you have to be careful, also turning it off and on helps reset it to get more of an accurate reading. How fast are you weaning exactly, every week? Day?
    • Posted

Am weaning off very slowly as scared will get a surge at night. I reduce pill every month, am currently at 9mg. Will stay on that til l feel stable. Then will go lower. Might take all year but would rather be slow and steady than quick resulting in a setback. Thank you for asking.
    • Posted

Am on 9mg at minute Angela and will stay on that for a while. Did you say you have weaned off Bisoprolol now?
    • Posted

Hi again Almost but only prescribed Cardicor 1.25 mgms a day anyway. I could not tolerate any other brands of bisoprolol either as just one made me feel sick, dizzy, light headed for days on end. The brand I have now suited me but caused breathlessness, cough , neuropathy . Almost off it now. Thankfully.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.