Jittery Feeling/ Internal Shaking

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

Does anyone ever feel jittery during the day and especially when they wake up during the night with Racing HeartBeat? I have also been waking up everynight with nightmares and can't get back to sleep. My sleep doesn't feel restful either. Please let me know if this is normal for Perimenopause/Menopause. Thank you!

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

YES!! I'm 51 and in the past few months have woken to rapid heartbeat that feels like my hearts going t9 leap out of my chest. I am jittery during this time and can usually fall back asleep .....however when I fall back asleep I have the mist bizzar real like dreams that leave me feeling shaken and tired when I wake up. I take no meds and have no other symptoms. I went to my Dr who said anxiety and stress.....but I'm completely happy!!?? I disagree with the Dr and feel this is some type or introduction into menopause. i hope this helps you. feel better. hugs

• Posted

Yes in peri i am experiencing internal shaking mostly in night when i was about to sleep..

Last few months shaking was soo bad that i feel i was sleeping in seat of Passenger train...and train was running in jerkey path .....and sometimes my leg shaking is visible to others too...always find support to stand.........but thank to God now not like past months .....its little less but still there ..i think its one of peri symptoms.

now i feel shakes in my Ovulation days more ...

and dreamsss...i have horrible dreams in peri..not able to sleep peacefully from long..always wake up with horrified strange dreams...morning r restless always

Most scary symptoms for me is Head pressure ,dizziness ,tremors and headaches 😭😭

tk

Hang is there

• Posted

Yes in peri i am experiencing internal shaking mostly in night when i was about to sleep..

Last few months shaking was soo bad that i feel i was sleeping in seat of Passenger train...and train was running in jerkey path .....and sometimes my leg shaking is visible to others too...always find support to stand.........but thank to God now not like past months .....its little less but still there ..i think its one of peri symptoms.

now i feel shakes in my Ovulation days more ...

and dreamsss...i have horrible dreams in peri..not able to sleep peacefully from long..always wake up with horrified strange dreams...morning r restless always

Most scary symptoms for me is Head pressure ,dizziness ,tremors and headaches 😭😭

tk

Hang is there

• Posted

This post is PERFECT timing for me. I've been feeling jittery, nervous, just out of sorts for a few days now. I'm currently on my period and this month has me feeling very ill... It's unbelievable that hormones is causing me to feel this way..

I'm 45 years old and is wondering how much longer my symptoms will last 😌

• Posted

Glad I posted this to help everyone!!! I wish I had a magic pill to take all the Symptoms away......Hang in there you will feel better soonπŸ˜ŠπŸ™

• Posted

Yes I feel jittery a lot of the time and wake up get night terrors and I can be just standing still and suddenly feel very wobbly and disoriented, almost like when you step off a boat?

• Posted

yes absolutely textbook symptoms. can u take hormones? estrogen cured these symptoms for me

• Posted

Hi Beth,

I actually had all my Hormones checked and I get the results this Monday. The Dr. Does Bioidentical Hormones.......Awesome I hope of its low than I can take it too as well..Thank You...Good

• Posted

oh my goodness yes! I had such a bad night with these exact symptoms last night!! ive been on hrt for 2 weeks but still had this. I was really frightened and it took alot of deep breathing and concentration not to really panic.

Thanks so much for your post as it really helped me today xx

• Posted

Hi Louise,

I am so glad that it helped you!!! I hope you feel better soon!!πŸ™

• Posted

I have this too. It's the worst upon wakening and through the day. Just awful. Just got done with an MRI of the brain and all normal! Thank God. Tired of feeling so bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.