Job Offer

Posted , 4 users are following.

I only have 2 days in and the withdrawal day 1 was one of my worst.  I quit my waitressing job of 13 years 4 months ago.  I have not worked or even looked for a job because I couldn't stop drinking.  I drank alot less on the job have been in aa offand on for 23 years  Started blackout drinking at 14 immediately.  Really bad childhood.. My old boss called and offered me another job in resturant where alcohol is served.  I am almost out of money on a charge card and owe on a 6000.00$ loan.  I am beyond stress.  Could anyone give me advice on working around alcoholics and alcohol.  I did it for 13 years but kept relaspsing but not has bad as the last 4 months no job.  

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there kid... we all have problems but we have each other.. stay on this site and listen to the people here, they are wise and have seen it all before. 

hug to you .. stay strong smile 

• Posted

Hey Candis, we here on this site are all on the sinking ship, we need a life raft; if you will.

The best and probably the only things I can offer, is to seek counselling and then see your doctor to ask for Nalmefene or Naltrexone. If you don't know what they are, do a search for the Sinclair Method and check it out. 

There is lots of support out there, good  luck.

• Posted

Sorry about the sinking ship comment, those of us who are here are already on the life raft...just waiting to be picked up.
    • Posted

I think your analogy to the sinking ship was brilliant, Tim.  I have my fingertips on the edge of the life raft at the moment.  That isn't good, but it's better than being on the ship.

Your support on here is much appreciated by many, I am sure.

• Posted

I know I am not thinking clear.  I think you meant that I would go down further if I went back to waiting tables, with the sinking ship analogy.  I have thought about it over and over.  Deciding if I want to die I should take that job.  I can't handle stress well and waiting tables is too much even if I didn't have a  severe drinking problem and mental issues.  Thanks for the reply.  I wish it would have been a more direct answer but I am not thinking right at all.  
    • Posted

WOW Candis, I really wish you would take a little more time to read all of the responses on this site. Life has so much to offer and the people on here are excellent to chat with.

Paul, please PM this lady with the "onelittlepill" video.

Candis, you will change your thoughts after watching this - there is hope for you and everybody else with these thoughts.

Stay well, Tim

• Posted

tim081952, I am really interested in recieving that video, what does pm mean.  that you said to paul.  Is it the same video on you tube or a different one?  Thank you.  tim 
    • Posted

Hi Candis. PM is for private message.

Paul sent me a PM with a link to a site that is on his own server, the video link was on that site. 

I am hoping he can send you this link as I can not for copyright reasons.

Sorry cry

I could however send you the link so you could buy the video yourself, about 10 Canadian dollars so I'm told.

You can do a google search for "onelittlepill" to find out more.

Well worth watching.

• Posted

Oh Candis, you sound so lost.  You certainly don't sound well enough to take that waitressing job.  You said yourself that it would be too much for you to handle.  I don't know the answers to your dilemma, but I hope that you can get some help to make your life better.  My heart aches for you.

Pat xxxx

• Posted

I meant that I wasn't going to take the job and wasn't thinking clearly to even consider it.  I am reading everything I can on alcoholism.  I've been in aa for 23 years and had a good 15 years in AA with a few relapses. i became a drug and alcohol counselor for about 9 months and relasped and quit that job and became a waitress for 13 years after and held in for about a year then kept relapseing more and still going to aa.  I quit that job cause on was hooked on Spice detoxed on that 6 months ago.  Then started drinking again and this time I couldn't stop like I had before.  I have been on antabuse most of the time since i was 22 I am 52 years old now.  I made 3 days without drinking and then had 24 oz yesterday and threw out the rest.  Beer.  I bought 2 24 oz.  today and took a sip and through them both out.  I researched the sinclair method and plan on going back to aa and take anta buse again.  Just waiting to make sure I want to quit and it is safe to take.  The only reason I am opposed of the Sinclair Method is looking at some other forums its very dangerous for a chronic alcoholic cause I would probably drink alot wether it gave me a buzz.  I have been in counseling for 15 years and diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder and i am going to get another counselor the last one was a man and he made sex advaces at me so i got rid of him the same time i quit my job.  confusing i know.  i really enjoy the forum alot.  

• Posted

[quote] The only reason I am opposed of the Sinclair Method is looking at some other forums its very dangerous for a chronic alcoholic cause I would probably drink alot wether it gave me a buzz.[/quote]

I would disagree on this Candis, I'm a chroninc alcoholic for a long time.

From the first day Selincro has proofed for me to be the medication I need.

From the first day I'm taking it, I haven't been drunk at all, and life became more and more pleasant every day.

Outside the Selingro treatment, I'm working the 12 steps and see a psycho therapist every week.

Also I'm attending an AA meeting every day, one meeting a day, every day, no exeptions.

This works for me, and I'm happy with it.

Good night, and God (heymsh) bless you.

Escar

• Posted

Really Do you still drink at all or did it take away the cravings when stressed out too.  I am really getting interested in this one pill.

• Posted

I do drink, and actually, I'seem to be capable to drink whenever I want.

The cravings for drinking exist,, for sure, but this craving of drinking more, once you had a drink, this craving does disapear in general.

There are day's I don't drink at all, on others I drink one, and on a party or weekend, I can drink a bunch.

I don't get drunk, I don't make a donky's *** out of  myself etc etc.

I'm a kitchen chef and own a restaurant, so the waitress job I do understand, after all, I used to wait at the bar, until closing and waited for them, to have our daily nightcap...does this ring a bell :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.