Joining the military after hydrocele surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've just had hydrocele surgery it happened after I talked to recruiters so now I have to inform them but how long should I wait till I thinks it's safe to go to meps and get cleared for bootcamp?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

All 3 times i had the surgery i was told to wait 4-6 weeks for strenuous activity or sex.
  • Posted

Hi Ethan,

I was told to have two weeks off, they said that this was more than enough time before going back to work, I would say that after that time I felt fine, my work is resonably energetic and I did not have any problems. As you are joining the military though I would had thought that they would suggest a time depending on how physical the training would be but judging by myself I would not think that it would be much longer. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Joining the navy and I've spoke with them they seem to only need paper work from the doctor to see that it'll not be a problem

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.