joint and muscle pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i had my ovaries removed 3 years ago at the age of 48 have been on elleste solo ever since which has been fine although my body still recognised the time of the month even after hysterectomy up until 4 months ago since then i have dry mouth and eyes joint and muscle pain that seem to move around no swelling or redness itchy skin these symptoms almost appeared over night be grateful to know if anyone else has had this problem had a blood test for thyroid vit d and b12 they were normal

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tessa,

I'm about to go for my hysterectomy  and I don't know if it's any consolation but I am 51 not quite in menopause yet and I have aching muscles, joints and quite a dry mouth a lot of the time.

No itching of the skin or dry eyes though,  maybe it's a bit of natural ageing, our bodies do do weird things.

I hope it helps

X

• Posted

Thankyou adele i think you maybe right alot of my friends have various symptoms good luck with hysterectomy do everything the doctors tell you and your recovery will be good my quality of life was better after op xx
  • Posted

It may be unrelated to woman's organs and hormones. I would go to a Rheumatologist. It could be an auto-immune problem. Sounds like Sjogrens Syndrome. 

• Posted

hi I did look at sjogrens syndrome info although I don't suffer with fatigue I think I need to book a doctors appointment

• Posted

just thought I would update on my last post had blood tested for numerous things sjogrens being one of them all normal very relieved think I need to change my hrt it does help talking to friends as I find some of them feel the same as me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.