Joint/muscle pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have read this can be a symptom of perimenopause, just wondered if anyone else had this......other than stiffness especially in both hips, I have had this pain under my arm, shoulder/shoulder blade and now it feels like my whole arm and even sometimes my fingers are sore, done what many of us do and consulted google, as I just said in another post, worst thing to do, it really does increase anxiety symptoms.  I have mentioned it to doc but he more or less dismissed it, I really do feel like such a hypochondriac at times.  Rational thinking tells me its maybe a trapped nerve or wear and tear as I have pain in same side of my neck at times.  Anyone relate?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I really wish women in perimenopause and menopause complaining of these symptoms would ask their dr to check their Iron Studies.  As you reduce blood loss, you could be loading iron.  All these symptoms that you complain of are also symptoms of haemochromatosis.  Been there, done that and suffered severe organ and joint damage because my symptoms kept being 'just menopause'.
    • Posted

Also need Vit D levels checked as one of the signs of deficency is muscle and/or joint aches and pains

Vit B a good idea too as can be low in peri/menopause

• Posted

Yes I have sore joints too, one day my knees are sore, then my hips and arm down to fingers (was told this could he carpal tunnel).  I'm actually seeing a Physio re my one sided neck pain as think I get on the doctors nerves but I do the majority of symptoms are put down to menopause.
  • Posted

Hi, I've had muscle and joint pain in neck and jaw which I think may be hormone related. The Drs say that it's stress but I guess anxiety is also related to menopause. Xx
  • Posted

I absolutely know what you mean. My hips get creaky if I don't walk briskly regularly and especially after long car journeys.  I find regular exercise helps that a lot. I have a shoulder that sometimes feels as though a marble has been tucked under my shoulder blade, and a neck that won't turn as far to the right as it turns to the left. Most of that is probably related to holding a phone under my chin for a lot of my career, but I now also get right shoulder and elbow pain - as if it's slightly coming out of its socket if I carry heavy shopping. Then when I sleep on my left side, my right shoulder kind of falls forward further than it should, and if I sleep on my right, the shoulder is achey, meaning  I don't feel rested in the mornings either! Reaching up to wash my hair or put things away in high cupboards, pinning out the washing etc are all,things that are harder than they used to be. I just thought it was part of getting old although I am only 50! I was therefore strangely pleased to discover that it,at least on this forum, it is recognised as part of peri. Chiropractor helps me, as does using my left arm as much as possible instead and resting the right one when it's really bad....
  • Posted

Hi Cheekygal

i have had my iron and the lot checked .. and you should have full blood checks annually, easier said then done though if you have a crap doctor 😳

and yes i get stiffness... knees and hips etc..

as the day gets going it eases off ...

my B vits helped too, and Vit E is also good for this..

good luck sweetie 

jaynxx

• Posted

hello! i was reading your post from 5 years ago. what have you done to ease your joint and muscle pain? are you better? thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.