Joint pain?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I know that joint pain is common in peri/menopause, but I always though it was specific to, say, an old injury flaring up or something. I am having pain in multiple joins (hip, shoulder, elbow). The hip pain was diagnosed as bursitis by my doc and the shoulder as repetitive use strain. The elbow pain is new. I suddenly feel like an old lady. Am I alone in this?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You're definitely not alone, I suffered terrible for a long time. I found taking a Vitamin D supplement really helped, it took about 2 weeks to kick in, but made huge difference.

• Posted

Hi

you are not alone ! I have terrible shoulder and neck pains most probably due to menopause . I take Vit. D, collagen, MSM. I practice Yoga and try to avoid gluten, sugar, diaries. I have to drink lot of water ans avoid alcohol . Not all the time successful with all of these restrictions, unfortunately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.