Joint Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi folks,

I started my venesections a couple months ago now(think I've had ~10) and I've noticed a dull ache in my joints for a couple days afterwards. I know joint pain is a symptom of haemochromatosis but I never had that. As i said this only appears for a day-or-two after the venesection mostly in my elbows and wrists, but a bit in my knees too. I wouldn't say it's 'sore' as such but a dull throb is definately noticible.

Anybody else had this? My lovely nurse said she's never heard of it but she's going to ask a few other of her patients

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think your nurse must be new to the haemochromatosis game. i've had similar joint issues, knuckles and wrists are my afflictions. we're the unlucky one's, most do not have the joint pain as far as i can tell..

• Posted

I didn't have any joint pain before as a symptom of the haemochromatosis, this is just appearing for a couple days after a venesection then it disappears again until the next time

• Posted

Yeah i understand, i was similar, i had a little bit of joint pain before venesection, mostly in the wrists, but afterwards i had severe wrist pain and knuckle and finger joint pain. What i've learned through all of this over the year since i was diagnosed is that no two people suffer the same, similar, but everyone's problem's are unique to them..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.