Joint pain

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am having knee joint pain due to all this perimenopause crap.... if anyone else out there has experienced this have you found anything that has worked?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Dear kim

I use to get really painful joints and very stiff legs when getting out of bed in the morning, i did start taking a multi vit for the over fifties and it has helped greatly!

• Posted

Yes.. I have been keeping a journal of symptoms and around my period my knees and the bottoms of my feet ache.. Couple months it was the shoulder too. I just keeping taking my supplements and try to do some form of exercise. When I can get to the pool, I feel so much better.

• Posted

I started taking b vits, vit d, magnesium and evening primrose oil on top of my multivit tabs each day... I'm not sure if i feel a difference or not really yet.

I did notice a difference on HRT as the joint pain did reduce however HRT didn't suut me so it's been hit and miss. I've just started HRT again at a low dose so will see what happens...

Sorry, not much help i guess but just my experience of it but i do share your frustration as the joint pain is truly horrible... 😦

• Posted

Every organism is so different. I try to improve by changes in diet and lifestyle. It is discouraging because there is no one guide to successful riddance of symptoms.

For me light exercise - walking, some biking, skip highly processed foods and reduce sugar as much as I can, sleep enough. I found some info on foods that reduce inflammation and the once to avoid. I try to take vit D and B. I cannot say that all this helps - I am not even sure peri or meno is messing me up, but I guess such changes shouldn't bring harm at least.

I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

oh boy Kim...i feel your pain - this just started for me 4 months ago & it has rocked my world - i did find out i have almost bone on bone in one knee, but its the overall arthritis that has taken over my body that is so bothersome. i started taking a gentle yoga & gentle water movement class & while it isnt easy doing the classes, i do feelbetter after. i see woman in their 80's moving better than me!!! Besides all the suggested supplements everyone has said, i also have doubled up on my Omega vitamin & eat a small avocado everyday. i put chia & flaxseed in my morning smoothie & try to eat a handful of premium nuts for a snack & lots of olive oil on everything. i feel it on days that i dont take my omega's. i sure do hope this is a phase and not a new lifestyle - good luck!

• Posted

like kelly55079 mentioned, i too try to make observations of my symptoms. this helps me to be prepared. however, having said that, it seems to keeps changing every 2 cycles. i got body aches and knee joint pains during ovulation phase and the days following ovulation, aches and pain reduced, but, my mood was different...a bit more of anxiousness (not anxiety, as in panic attacks). one good thing was that all symptoms were temporary and decreased/changed over time(or perhaps i learned to cope better).

i am 47 in peri, with light periods and 23/24 day cycle. i take calcium w d3, magnesium and vit b complex(which i intend to take for 3 months and then give a break and plan on continuing only if required). i do yoga stretches daily, which alleviates a lot of my aches.

• Posted

I was having terrible pain in my knees but was lucky enough to find a great physical therapist and a great doctor who does adjustments to my body. Between both of those, and giving me sets of exercises and stretches to do and the pain has all gone. Amazing and I feel very lucky!

• Posted

hi kim, i knee and hip pain.. I stretch and do gentle yoga. that seems to help some! hope you get relief soon!!!

• Posted

Hi kim,

I have knee pain for long time and I started do gentle yoga. That seems to help some relief !

Hope you will get well soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.