joint pain occurring progressively throughout body

Posted , 3 users are following.

A month ago I was diagnosed with rotator cuff tendinitis in right shoulder and began therapy. Since then I had a workplace injury[I guess that what it was] in my lower back. Yesterday I felt and pain in my right shoulder blade and pain in the upper front of my left shoulder. I'm starting to get concerned. Should I be worried?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

How old are you? Have you any other things going on?

• Posted

I will be 65 this year. Not sure what you mean by other things going on. I wake up every day with joint pain with new areas hurting as time goes on. I have been out off work by my doctor because of my back issue.

• Posted

I meant other symptoms, complaints of stiffness, fatigue, flu feeling - that sort of thing.

You are in the right age range to have something called polymyalgia rheumatica. Rotator cuff injury is a common (mis)diagnosis of early PMR, which is usually bilateral but obviously in the early stages may be just on one side. But the lower back and hips and the shoulders are common areas to feel the symptoms as they progress. Many people mention a progression of body areas that experience the symptoms that sounds like what you are describing and it is something to be considered. I aske dyour age because if you had been 30 it would have been far less likely - bit over 50 and it must be thought about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.