Joint Pains

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hii,, I have been diagnosed for 2 and a half years now and have just joined a bootcamp to try and feel a bit better, as I heard exercise helps, but now my knees are agony! Any one else suffer with bad joints and know how to help them???

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Maybe it's because of you starting high impact exercise suddenly, rather than coeliac disease itself (even though I know that coeliac disease can can cause osteoporosis). Maybe you could start out with more gentle exercise if you're not used to it? 
  • Posted

Where on earth did you find a boot camp, are you in USA?   My nhs GP has referred me to our local hydrotherapy pool for exercises, these are gentle but quite demanding and are doing me a power of good.

• Posted

I live in the uk there's a bootcamp in bedfordshire ,, thanks I'll look in to that smile 
  • Posted

I have been going to a bootcamp (West Yorkshire) for over a year now well before I was diagnosed. I never understood all my symptoms but it always gave me temporary  releive from some of my neurological ones such as headaches and brain fog. I love it, some days I could do more than others and some exercises I had to avoid as I got really bad hip pain. Since going gluten free the hip pain seems to have gone and my fitness is better than ever.
    • Posted

Yeah I find that my head is a bit clearer now and less headaches which is good I can't stand the headaches and not feelin with it all the time was starting to get me down but now that I'm getting fitter it's amazing what a difference it makes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.