Joint paun

Posted , 7 users are following.

Can anyone tell me that if you get a negative blood result for Rheumatoid Arthritis. I have pain in fingers, ankles, elbow, neck,back and knees. My knuckles are swelling on some fingers where I can no longerget my rings off. I have recently have a nodule appear on my right hand. Would love to hear your thoughts on this due to go back to GP on Monday. Thank you Tracy

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i have a negative blood result and i have RA. mine started in fingers had trigger finger op and it was not that. get a referal to a RA consultant the quicker its treated the quicker it will stop spreading. good luck
  • Posted

Thanks the problem is my GP seems to think if tests are negative then that it. Going to see her Monday going to push for a referral.
  • Posted

20% are sero-negative and require clinical diagnosis. It sounds like you're one of those!

Your GP may not know this, so tell them on good authority that this is the case and she should refer you to a rheumatologist.

• Posted

Hi I was told there was inflammation but was normal for me !!!! Nothing normal it's coming from somewhere. I'm off back as I want another test and referral . My feet are agony and my wrists. Docs fobbing people off its disgusting . Hope you get on ok 👍
  • Posted

Thanks all I have trying to get my GP to listen She diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia even though I don't have most of the symptoms. If she doesn't agree to refer me I'm changing GPs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.