Joints more swollen then ever.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking humira since last June and I felt good for about 4 months and then I got an infection. I had to get off humira for 15 days. I was on antibiotics for 10 days y had a infection under my armpit. That is all resolved but I am hurting badly. I have RA and my joints are swollen. My ha d look like balloons and I can't even hardly walk. I have an appt. With my rheumatologist and he is suppose to increase the humira so I take it weekly. I'm tired of feeling tho way. Racalitas

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Racalitas, I had a fabulous response to Humira about 4 years ago but I had to stop it and my methotrexate when my neutrophils fell.   My joints were terrible. Such pain in my hands and like you real problems walking / I couldn’t get up from chairs, use the stairs.  When my bloods recovered I went back on my Humira and a reduced dose of methotrexate but never got the same relief. I was gutted. I’m now on Benepali and a reducing dose of prednisolone since methotrexate affected my lungs, and I’m doing alright now. Hope you aren’t suffering too long before you get some relief. Keep strong. I know it wears you down but it will get better. Carol xx

P. S. I found prednisolone really helpful in the short term. Good luck. 

• Posted

Hi Racalitas,

?It seems that when we have to stop taking our RA meds due to infections that they lose their effectiveness when you start them back. I have been taking Xeljanz XR for a few months now and it was doing better than anything I had taken. I had to stop for 17 days because of eye infections. Now it doesn't do as well. I figure I will have to start over at ground zero and let it build up in my system again. I HOPE it will do as good as it had been in about a month.

• Posted

Thank you river22. I need to be patient I will. I will get better soon. I have to see my rheumatologist next week he is suppose to increase the d ok se to once a week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.