Jones fracture 5th metatarsal footware

Posted , 3 users are following.

It,s now week 12 and fracture has 75%healed  out of boot full time at week ten mixing it with wearing shoes now. Can anyone give be some advise on the best footware to use. Read it should be solid sole and maybe croc shoes Also not to go barefoot but again not sure. Doctor didn't,t really advise anything so a bit stuck! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Crocs are the worst! They skip around a lot on your feet so surprisingly they can be worst for your foot giving not very good and in consistent support.

Do you have any good running shoes you wore before the fracture? Maybe trying a shoe you are already used to because if it starts to bother you, you know it's not the shoe and rather your foot to telling you to relax.

• Posted

Thanks for your feedback-yes two pair of my shoes are comfortable to wear one a pair of trainers and the other a pair of hiking boots. Just a bit confused as the only bit of advise I got from the doctor is the sole should be solid and these are very (trainers) or a little (boots) bendy-thanks again Paul
  • Posted

It's eight months since I broke mine, had to have a screw in it and also broke my ankle at the same time. I still have some pain in it and have trouble wearing most of my old shoes, though all my walking boots are fine. Both my physiotherapist and surgeon recommended crocs, worn with the strap behind the heel, I now have three pairs, all the same size but 1 design is roomier than the other two so my feet slid round in them. Again physio came up trumps by recommending the fleece liners for that pair. She also recommended Hi-tops or basketball boots.

If I'm on my feet a lot I find the crocs are better, don't know why but my foot and ankle don't swell up as much, hence the three pairs.

• Posted

Thank you  very much for your feedback, really helpful-Paul

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.