Jones Fracture Surgery Advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. In January 2015 I broke my 5th metatarsal on my left foot. I was in a walking boot for 11 weeks then had surgery and had a screw placed. All was fine until August of last year. I went back in to have the screw removed. He removed it, but had to do tendon repair as the screw head started tearing the tendon. All was good until March of this year. I have been having pain, it feels like the tendon is inflamed and when I step a certain way it feels like something is getting caught on bone. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what this might potentially mean. I was back in a walking boot for three weeks and the pain wasn't as bad, but it is still there.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hell Kristen.

So sorry to hear this. Sounds like you have been through the mill.

I had surgery for broken tibia and fibula this January and have pins and plates and today went to get a second opinion because each time I returned to my surgeon, I was just told to take more pain killers, anti-inflammatories and exercise more!!!!

I too am having unusual problems in that when I walk, my ankle seems to give way and I feel as if there is something sharp in my ankle or as if something is caught on the bone

I am having a CT SCAN and Ultra Sound Tomorrow

I hope that will reveal what is going on

Could you go back to your clinician

I wish you well

• Posted

I went back and had a CT and it showed no stress fracture of the bone or damage to the surrounding soft tissue. I am thinking of requesting an MRI as I will be laid off July 1st so I really need to get it taken care of.

I am sorry you are having issues as well. I hope the CT and the Ultra Sound clarify it for you.

I wish you well also.

• Posted

Thank you Kristen

I was told today that because i have so much hardware in my foot, an MRI would not show anything and that is why I am having a CT Scan and Ultra Sound.    Hopefully I will know more tomorrow when I see the consultant post scan 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.