Journey so far

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all,

I started 10mg citalopram 21 days ago having suffered from anxiety.

My main issue is insomnia that has ruined my quality of life.

I am taking Mirtazapine 30mg also for depression.

Anyway, after a week of taking citalopram I had the best week or so of sleep I've had in 13 years.

This was after a particularly bad few months of insomnia, the worst I've ever suffered from.

unfortunately, the past week the insomnia has returned and I am feeling more defeated than ever wondering if I am ever going to live a normal life. I just want to sleep like a normal person. And its even worse now that I had a glimpse of normality to end up back at square one.

Has anyone else noticed a blip after a couple of weeks and then sleep has returned to normal?

I can't get a doctors appointment until May so I'm lost as to what to do now.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

there will be many blips on your way to recover take three steps forward and then 2 backwards the fact that you show signs of progress means the med is working im on month 5 and my good days outweigh the bad ones measure the success of this in months not weeks

ive coupled this with therapy and the bad days are much much easier to manage it will get easier each time little by little but give yourself a break, takes a lot of patience and persistance

• Posted

thanks for your reply!

It's so hard thinking positive. Especially when I got better and relapsed.

Still barely sleeping, unfortunately.

hoping to get an emergency appointment with my doctor tomorrow to maybe get something to take the edge off the anxiety.

I worry its not just anxiety and theres something wrong with me.

I'm on a waiting list to see a therapist.

Day 22 today and losing hope but just have to carry on I suppose.

Its so hard when you have a young child too.

I hope you make a full recovery!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.