Jsa

Posted , 5 users are following.

Why is it they say I am fit for work when my gp has signed me off for 2 months and put me on anti depresion tablets and said blood pressure is high do the dwp want to cause heart attack or kill you at work what is going on with them

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

I know it seems strange but they look at the bigger picture and sadly they know GPs are too quick at signing sick notes, I think you would have to be on your last legs for ours to sign you off and remember that to be eligible for most long term benefits it has to be an ongoing illness, I think minimum 3 months, you don't say how old you are either, high BP is actually not a condition that stops you working, my OH has had it since his early 40s and medication keeps it under control and he has never been off work.

What benefit were you trying to claim

• Posted

Been like this since June had a stroke left arm is dead any thing I do I am tired paid ni full for last 40 yrs was on esa when came out off hospital then after 3 weeks saw their so called medical expert said i was fit for work even tho i had to get help in a morn to get dressed and toilet its same ever were with dwp whats their game cant even get universal credit said i had 2 muchsavings when half was to pay my tax bill
    • Posted

That makes a bit more sense, have you applied for PIP, have you contacted CAB you need to go back to your GP you also need to amass as much paper based information that u can get and appeal this decision,, did they give you the decision in writing
  • Posted

Unfortunately the DWP decision makers over rule what your GP thinks. Like Alexandria said DWP look at the bigger picture. With ESA it's about the work you can do and not the work you can't do. During those assesssments they ask you questions based on the work you can do.

Universal Credit is an Income related benefit and savings will affect it. Anything over £16000 and you' won't be able to claim it. £6000 and over reduces the money you can claim.

• Posted

denise quick question i need letter from dwp to say wat benifit im getting it had start date of me benifit but end date said on going wat does that mean aprite reply back when  have time thanks
    • Posted

Do you mean you had a letter from DWP and it had a start date but no end date? If so then yup ESA never put end dates on the letters for decisions etc. If you want to know when you re-assessment date is then you'll need to ring them and ask. Hope i've answered your question Ross.

• Posted

Below 6000 now denise would you apply for universal credit again could not get it before had 16000 I do get pip that does not effect it tho does it you might as well bang your head against the wall
    • Posted

Hi again, hi Denise, how long ago did you apply and did you have much over £6k when you applied because if its not long they will ask what you spent it on, it can't just vanish, trust me they don't miss a trick and you need to know this so you can get all the details together

• Posted

I thought you were appealing your ESA decision? as in waiting for the Tribunal, or am i wrong? If you apply for Universal Credit then you won't be able to go back onto ESA.

If you're not appeal the ESA decision, is there any other Income coming into your home? Is it Contribution based JSA you're claiming. Sorry for all the questions, just trying to help all i can.

• Posted

Hi Alexandria,

Yes, you're right about that. If ginger had over £16000 and he applies for an Income Related benefit they will want to see receipts etc to know where it was spent. Deprivation of capital reasons.

• Posted

The other jsa denise that was the only way I could claim some money even my work coach can't get her head round it even she said today your not ready for work you can see why a lot off people lose the will

• Posted

Hi Denise waiting for dates for esa and universal credit tribunal s denise thing is they don't realisein my savings was my tax money so have had to pay 6000 tax bill then got another 2000 to pay June so that's we're my money has gone also had to buy another car automatic for when I am ready to drive again

• Posted

Now you're confusing me lol. It must be the ESA Tribunal you're waiting for and not the Universal Credit. If it was Universal Credit then you'd still be claiming it and not JSA. Yes, it's very confusing. Once you claim Universal Credit you can't go back onto the legacy benefits (ESA/JSA). So it has to be ESA.

Is there any reason why you're still claiming JSA? If you've got your reference number from the Tribunal and this your first ESA Tribunal then you should now be back claiming assessment rate for ESA, while you wait for your Tribunal date. If this is correct and you have your reference number from the pack they sent you, then please ring ESA tomorrow to restart your claim. This way you won't have to keep going to the job centre and it will be much easier on your health.

Do you claim PIP, or were you refused that as well? I know this can all sound really confusing especially if you don't understand it. I'll help you all i can.

• Posted

.No both denise don't ask me how or why went for ftf for esa 4 month ago then middle off dec I got a letter for ftf for universal credit took my partner to that one even my partner could not believe what she said on the paperwork we never said any off what she said just cant grasp whats going on got to see work coach weds 2 dont think they have a bloody clue

• Posted

Still waiting for esa tribunal they said their way behind also do get the enchanced pip
    • Posted

Wait, i think i understand you now lol sorry. OMG these benefits are confusing right? rolleyes

So, you claimed ESA but were found fit for work correct? Then you did the MR and the decision didnt change, so you appealed to the Tribunal yes?

In the meantime you started a claim for Universal Credit, and sent in fit/sick notes? Then had a f2f assessment for that? BUT you're still waiting for the ESA Tribunal and you were found fit for work for the Universal credit f2f?

• Posted

OMG I'm confused as well, but if he paid £8000 in tax doesn't that mean he's eaning about £36000 pa

• Posted

As you're waiting for the ESA Tribunal and now you're claiming Universal Credit, there's a problem. When you do get to the Tribunal if you win then you won't be able to go back onto ESA, infortunately. It's because you claimed Universal Credit. If the Tribunal does go in your favour, you'll be backdated the money that's owed to you and that's it as far as ESA is concerned.

You now need to fight that Universal Credit assessment decision in the same way you have with ESA.

Did you get advice before claiming the Universal Credit? Just curious as to who adviced you to claim it in the first place.

• Posted

Yes did denise fighting the esa one first not had any thing off universal credit after think she said 6 th April I will have to go on uc because I lose my jobseekers money it's a full time job trying to look after everything

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.