Juliet Laser Treatment for urinary incontinence

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello does anyone have any knowledge / experience of this treatment.  I believe it's relatively new in the UK and I'm considering trying it rather than going for a TVT operation.  Any advice/opinions gratefully received.  Thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Claire

I have not heard of it as an alternative to surgery. I have however heard good things about it for vaginal atrophy (dryness) and the 'plumping-up' of cells within the vaginal walls. I am not aware that it is clinically proven. If your pelvic floor is weak the muscles will need strengthening. No amount of surgery or laser will make the muscle permenantly stronger. Its like saying one visit to the dental hyguenist will last a lifetime - it wont. Your pelvic floor will need strengtheneing, and if you have prolpase or bladder leaks then exercising now really will help the outcomes of your surgery. There is no quick fix to your situation and selfcare is the most importan. Exercise, maintain healthy weight, correct posture, take Vitamin D, no straining, all help.

Have you seen the clinical results  of the laser treatment? How long does it last? Interested to hear - please keep us posted. If it works to stop stress urinary incontinence then it is an extra supporting measure that women might want to consider.

Stephanie 

• Posted

Hi

i haven't heard of the Juliet laser but I live in US.  I've heard of Mona Lisa Laser and ThermaVi. I have read reviews that it helps with incontinence.  I had consult for Mona Lisa with a Gyn but I had tvt sling a year ago that never worked.  The gyn told me it could not be done with tvt but she said she recommends it as first line of treatment.  This treatment is not covered in the US by any insurance.  I asked my original surgeon if he recommended I try this and he said he didn't feel it does anything for incoontinence.  I saw another urogynocologist that said there are no long term studies done on it and she didn't recommend it either.  Please research the tvt sling.  There is a procedure you can have your doctor use your own tissue rather than mesh so you do not risk mesh eroding or your body rejecting it.  Unfortunately there is no way to know before hand if you will be one of the un lucky ones that has a problem with the sling.  I was told it had. 90 percent success rate and I  never imagined it wouldn't work for me.  I regret ever having it done.  My problem became worse after the surgery and has not improved.  I hope you get response from other women about procedure you are considering.  Do as much research as you can and get more than one doctors opinion.  I would not recommend the tvt sling under any condition.  Good luck to you and keep us updated what you decide.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.