Jump from hyperthyroid to hypothyroid

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had hypothyroid in my first pregnancy then suddenly went to hyper then there is dose adjustment prob so doc said leave this med for a month and after one month of quitting synthyroid I have tsh of 90 

I am so helpless and I don't know what to do plz help me guys

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

With TSH of 90 you would need to get back on the meds ASAP. What does the doc say about that very high TSH? Maybe get tested for antibodies as well and get an ultrasound.
    • Posted

Yeah gave me 50 mcg of synthyroid 

I did my ultrasound done it's clear

And also did the test for antibodies the result did not come yet....I have no energy in my body at all but at night when I go to sleep after 2 or 3 hours I did not get sleep why is that so?

• Posted

Your insomnia may be stress related. See if your doc will prescribe a mild sedative. That has worked for me.
  • Posted

Guess she wanted to see where you stand without the med. But 90 is high! What about your other thyroid tests? 50mcg is on the low side. I started on 100mcg with no side effects but needed more and went up to 125 then higher. And still feel not optimal. Really healthy ppl hv a TSH around 1. Don't let the ranges fool you.

• Posted

Doc said I was hyper on 125 , 112 , and also on 88

That's y he start from 50 .

• Posted

You became hypo when you were pregnant? Were you given meds then? After childbirth many females are on the hypo side but go back to normal functioning in a few weeks or months. This is common and not a real hypo issue. But some don't return to normal functioning and swing from hypo to hyper than back to hypo. This is their body trying its best to "fix" thyroid functioning. .Panic attacks and anxiety common when the gland releases to much thyroid hormone.

• Posted

You should have your child tested as well esp if you have Hashimoto's. Have him or her retested throughout childhood. Keep an eye on any allergies or stomach. issues these are closely related to family hx of autoimmune thyroid problems. Ps Dont take Biotin. (B vit) at least 12 hrs before ANY labs are drawn for ANY tests. Labs use a form of Biotin to perform MANY tests and it can cause falsely high or low results.

• Posted

Thank u soooo much for your care , smile

My endo told me to do the antibodies test but the result is not come back yet.

Yes I am hypo when u was pregnant and I tsh at that time is 14 , then they started a dose from 25 , 75 ,100 ,125 and on 125 I m on hyper side along with anxiety then my doc reduced dose from 125 to 112 , then 88 then he said no difference then he sAid u should quit the med for at least one month in this one month of time period my tsh went from 0.0 4 to 90 mean from hyper to hypo

Now the doc said to take medicine he wants me to start from 50 because he told me that 25 is too less for u ....

I am taking 50 now but anxiety is not going ....

sad
    • Posted

I am really worried about my health because I want to be my self ,sad

• Posted

When you were pregnant he had to give you up to 50% higher dose. That dose would be way too high after you gave birth. You weren't hypo before you got pregnant? Some doctors give patients betablockers to help with hyper feeling from thyroid meds. Dont take antianxiety meds bc they are very. difficult to get off. The anxiety might just wear away over time once you adjust to lower dose. Dont think you felt too anxious with TSH of 90. Take break from this website...get outside...walk. Take B vitamins.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.