Just a calculation I'd like to share

Posted , 8 users are following.

Here is a little calculation I did this morning which I found both shocking and motivating at the same time:

Year after year I drank everyday...

Cost per year = 6225$ (with no exaggeration and could be a bit more)

100% drinking days in the year

Since April 25 to August 15 I decided to put some control and realized I was drinking too much and did this by myself...

49/112 days were drinking

spent 832$ saved 1056$

43% drinking days

Since I joined this FORUM August 15 and decided that I needed a bit more help and listening ears

11/37 days drinking was involved

Spent 192$ saved 448$ 29% drinking days

On the August 24 is when I decided to cut back even more

4/28 14% drinking days

Also another point I would like to add is that on those drinking days I dropped down by half of what I used to drink....

In the last 5 months I have come down so much.

I do have medication for the Sinclair method on hand if I decide to go that way in the future

3 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI Smile..same for me..saved 100s of £ Sterling....previously NOTHING was problem and whether unemployed or not.. Vodka, strong cider etc. saving money and feeling better!! rOBIN

• Posted

Good for you Robin. So happy that you are feeling better☺ It does feel good and I love waking up well rested with no hangover.
  • Posted

Wow..you are doing great.

Why not just use the Sinclair Method and that will help you cut down even more.

Good work figuring it out.

• Posted

Thanks Misssy. As for the Sinclair Method not yet. So far I'm advancing nicely and I'm happy with it

• Posted

What they say in AA IS:

Whatever WORKS!

I'm not a big pill fan myself....I think if you can do this without the aide of drugs...all the power to you smile.

• Posted

Looks like the word game is over on your other post.
    • Posted

Yes, I don't know why....Stupid....I don't think it broke any of the rules of the forum.

Jerks! I wrote to the moderator to find out why.  I can' still play on my other forum thou wink....not patient.

• Posted

Just thought you'd all like to know that I ate the rest of the coffee cake and half a chicken for breakfast.

• Posted

Hahahaha! 😂Not my choice for breakfast but if it makes you happy then I'm happy for you. ?

• Posted

Well done! I did the same. Amazing amount of money saved. Will stop nw as post will probably be lost. Always happens. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.