Just a complete and utter waste.....

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have given nobody any reason to care all these years. i think it's just pity. why can't i be put out of the emotional and physical pain? everything i do is wrong.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hi, remember it's the depression making you think these things about yourself as it creates a negative filter to your thoughts. What would you say to a good friend who was saying these things about themselves? Nobody does everything wrong. You have made many good decisions too. Have you taken a look at different thinking styles before with a therapist of anyone? If you google it you'll find different styles such as black and white thinking, catastophising etc. etc. I know it's hard to recognise how thoughts are impacting and challenging them when you're consumed by them but it might be worth reading up on types of though and how to challenge them.

• Edited

hi jonesy, i caved in and spoke to my doctor who threw me a lifeline that i've never explored. she is glad i have found a decent counsellor too. i just hit rock bottom some times. i now know my doctor is going to help and that feels good.

• Posted

Glad to hear it. Do you mean some kind of talking therapy? If so, I hope it helps.

• Edited

no she's signed me as fit to have IVF. still reeling from the shock only waited over 35 years. just need bloods to go well and i am all set. nobody has ever thrown me this lifeline before.i think this could deserve a drink...😁😁😁😁😁😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.