Just a little poem

Posted , 2 users are following.

Your mind is working overtime, you wish you could stop these thoughts 

If only there was a way to stop them, if only you'd been taught

You take each day as it comes take each step as you see them, as the Latin say 'carpe diem'

Life doesn't always turn out the way you hoped it'd go, you're feeling weak insecure or just generally low 

But there's always a way out you just need to seek 

Pick yourself up, be strong, stand on you're own two feet 

Everyone in life have their ups and downs, you're certainly not alone 

Life's never as bad as you think, nothing is set in stone 

So don't let yourself be brought down by hurt, sadness nor hate 

You can change things if you try, you can decide your own fate 

So if you're feeling alone or just maybe a little sad don't dwell on what you haven't got and think of the things you have! X

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Thanks Dondons3, needed to read something positive, been a crap day but your poem cheered me up, hope your days going good smile Nick.
  • Posted

Thank you, it's just something I do to keep me busy/take my mind off things, I like writing poems, although I need to learn how to take my own advice a little more x
    • Posted

You should definitely keep on writing them. And yeah, I know what you mean about taking your own advice. I'm the same way... Wishing you all the best and would love to hear more of your poems xx
    • Posted

I write poems all the time, well when I get the chance, I'm a single mum of 5 so I don't get a lot of time but when they're all sleeping I write, they keep me so busy and when they're in bed I need something to occupy myself x
    • Posted

These thoughts in my head go round and round

So I've put pen to paper and wrote them all down 

Sometimes life's funny with the way that it goes, but I don't see the amusement when I'm feeling this low

There's a lot of things in my life that get me down, but because I'm a mum I have to hide my frown,

I hide my troubles, my worries, my fears 

I hide my hurt and I hide my tears 

Sometimes my whole body aches and hurts 

When I think can my life get any worse 

I wake in the morning and I know that it's time 

To do it all again, to pretend that I'm fine. 

• Posted

Wow, you're a single mom of 5? How do you manage to do anything beside taking care of everyone? I really admire you for finding the time (and energy!) to write poems. You should be proud of yourself. I think you're very good. Your poems are so deep, I like them. Thank you for sharing and keep up the great work! xx
    • Posted

The truth? Im not sure I do, It's a case of having to, I chose to have 5 children, ok I chose to have them with my Partner but still, it is what it is, have no choice!

Love them all to bits of course I do! Doesn't mean that it's easy though x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.