Just a thank you...

Posted , 8 users are following.

I seem to be learning more about this terrible shingles thing each time I come to this site.  My heart goes out to everyone who is plagued by it!  Some of your cases are so much worse than my experience with shingles...and I feel so bad for you...because none of this is fun and more than anything we just want to feel our old selves again!  My shingles are in a spot on my back shoulder that is very hard for me to reach...I'm thinking that's a good thing or I would probably have it scratched raw by now. I've had this for a year and a half now. Different people that I know have had it for a very short time and then it's just all gone. Sometimes when I am around someone like that I try not to mention it because I feel as though they get tired of hearing about it. I guess to them I look ok from the outside...but I can feel so miserable!  My doctor is sympathetic to a point and I'm so glad she has never had this...but honestly I think until you have...you really have no idea of how debilitating it can be! I plan to see my doctor again and ask if I can have the Shingrex vaccine.  I have ordered some Blue Imu cream to have my husband apply to the area for me.  I plan to study up on high lysine low arginine diet and I have already increased my vitamin D intake.  I also plan to ask my doctor if I can try Topiramate.  I would not know of any of this if I had not one day found this site.  But what helps so much right now is knowing that I am not in this alone and that there is so much more to this shingles thing than the doctors realize! I hope and pray that all of you can find relief and have a better day!

4 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've had the post pain well, labor day will make two years. I had the shingles on my left forehead and scalp. It's better but it screwed up my both eyes but know one knows a lot about this, so it is what it is. My wife hates when I say that. Good luck and it sometimes doesn't seem like it but it will get better

• Posted

Thank you Georganna, for your kind words. Many on this site are very supportive of each other. I have learned so much from others. It does help to know you are not alone.

Best Wishes

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words, Georganna.  This is indeed a living hell for many and I am so glad we've found the knowledge and support here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.