Just about to start Orlistat, and worried!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Any advice welcome, I have just been prescribed Orlistat and am looking into low fat foods, it's harder than I thought.  What are the foods I should avoid as I really don't want side effects!  Please help.. Many Thanks biggrin

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I started 2 days ago and have had no side affects yet I eat chicken baked potatos , salad, Warburton pitta halves, Philadelphia,  veg, fruit do limo also have a blog see mix which is under the 5g per 100 and also supermodels but the on the go ones under the 5g of fat also I just avoid everythin 5g+ 
    • Posted

Thank you Suzanne, I've noted down those things to eat, great help, gives me a starting point, good luck with starting the tablets. 
  • Posted

Hey Hun I've been on them a week now, sticking to it and I've had no side effects(touch wood) stay away from fried food, cheese etc. I've been eating lots of chicken, veg, fruit, low fat yogurt, pasta, rice and if I have a major sweet craving I have an ice lolly...it's pretty much water and juice (check the labels though) good luck xx
    • Posted

Hey Melissa, Thank you for your reply, good idea about the ice lolly, This is going to be a challenge but I'm ready for it! Glad to hear you have no side effects, Good luck with it all xx
  • Posted

There is nothing to be worried about as long as you eat right. I have a blog which is useful for newbies if you want it please let me know and i can PM you a link.

There are lots of things you can eat

Britney

X

• Posted

Hi Britney, I'd love a link to your blog, it would be a great help, I'm starting on Saturday! 

Thanks Claire x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.