Just advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I have posted before and know everyone symptoms but just after reassurance I guess to cut a long story short I have had a really stressful time recently and then all of a sudden I got a weird sensation in my neck I panicked and googled and panicked and googled I saw a chiropractor I saw feeling down and thought when my neck gets better I will feel better the chiropractor sorted it but I didn't feel better and couldn't understand why all of a sudden my stomach was bloated I went off food it scared me so I googled straight away cancer I burst into tears and went straight to the dr explained how I was feeling and he gave me sertraline 50mg which I have taken for 2 weeks during this time stomach got worse I went to a and e twice who did urine and bloods all fine they actually laughed when I said I have cancer then phoned my gp and have seen him again he gave me something for ibs and basically said unless you have blood in your stools or vomit I don't want to see you you have bloating and discomfort it is anxiety!!!

I have moments where I feel fine and I as I start to think about it my stomach starts to bloat I have a obsession about my stomach lol where does it end 4 different Drs have told me I don't have cancer and refused to give me a scan why can't my brain accept I am depressed that's why I don't feel right not my stomach? Any advice anyone 🙂

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

In my own experience, bloating is a very common side effect of anxiety/depression- IBS symptoms and stress go together.
    • Posted

Yeah the dr said it's ibs I just refuse to believe him why can't I trust the Drs? I don't want to go down the road of a scan if he thinks I don't need one it's fuelling the fire so to speak

• Posted

L.

You are suffering Anxiety, stop Googling you are making yourself ill looking at medical sites on the internet. The medication has not had time to work yet you need to allow a further three weeks before you will feel better on the drug.

Your Anxiety is causing bloating and irritable bowels. Trust your GP He is trying to help you

B.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.