Just after people's thoughts

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi lovelies, just after advice really I have lichen sclerosis of the vulva , my mom dad and auntie have psoriasis which I believe is auto immune my brother has poliosis (grey patches on head)grey circle patches of hair on head. My granny had alopecia. Anyway just wondering if any of you think that because my family have some autoimmune conditiond that it could possibly be linked to LS? I know it's different but still autoimmune, would love to see what you guys think?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I do believe they are all linked and that family history can lead to weakened immune systems in future generations. My Grandpa had Psoriasis, my husbands Aunt had excema, my Dad had a skin condition, now my oldest daughter has excema, she got the shingles from the Chicken Pox vaccine at 10 and went blind in her right eye, my youngest  daughter had a horrible teaction to Meningitis vaccine and was ill for 9 weeks, my son was plagued with 1/2 dollar sized warts from kindergarten to 5th grade until they all went away ( with a poison ivy vaccine), I have had multiple rounds of mono, pneumonia, gallstones and kidney stones and now LS. I think it is all related and now I am encouraging my kids to watch what they eat, make sure their vitamins are balanced and live healthier lives. Maybe we are teying too hard to see connections where there aren’t any, but I don’t think so! 
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, I think they are connected too just wanted to see what other people think. Qiete scarey really but I don't help myself either my diet is terrible .

• Posted

Do you find that things “ tingle” or get itchy if you eat something you shouldn't? I am on a low oxalate ( due to kidney stones and LS diagnosis) diet, no sugar, no wheat, low carbs. I still eat Dairy, eggs and drink coffee. I haven’t had chocolate in 10 wedks😢😢 but am determined to keep living my life. I let LS consume me for the first 5 weeks, now I’m taking charge! 

• Posted

Definitely tingle if I eat too much chocolate and if I get too stressed out which is hard not too wen I suffer from anxiety , but I defo need to look into my diet .
  • Posted

Hi Tracey, my diet doesn't seem to affect me really. I don't take sugar, very little or no wheat and just drink plain water all day long due to recurring UTI's. I have only started suffering with anxiety since the LS. Excema runs in our family and my mother had Lichen Planus so theres definetly a family connection

• Posted

Yes it definitely seems that it has some sort of genetic connection. I often wonder if anyone in my family also suffers from LS or has in the past but maybe not mentioned it because of it being a intimate area.
    • Posted

Linda, I had reoccurring UTIs and once I started taking cranberry capsules (google) they went away.  It is important because taking antibiotics can be dangerous, and it can even bring on Irritable Bowel Disease, which is exactly what happened to me.
    • Posted

Oh, yes forgot to say, I have IBS and I do now take a cranberry pill morning and night as well which seems to work along with gallons of water. The water helps keep the bugs from sticking to walls of bladder. God, men don't know their born ha ha

• Posted

Yep, I think there is a connection, a weakness if you like, in families.  LS is classed as a skin disease and it sounds like you have a lot of that going on in your family.
    • Posted

Yeah exactly my thinking, didn't really give it much though till today. My son has eczema too although I dnt think that's autoimmune, it's all confusing

• Posted

I developed psoraisis or eczema shortly after birth; doctors couldn't decide which.  I am 74, when I was 30 a british dr. working in Canada came out with research about GLA and essential fatty acids. The product developed is still on the market. I started taking an emulsified form and I believe to this day this is what cured the psoraisis.  However, about 7 years ago I was diagnosed with LS and GA (granuloma annulare).  In my late 20's a dr. who believed in massive doses of vitamins, supplements, etc. had my blood sent to some US lab and the diagnosis was collagen disease of the dermal type, a diagnosis to cover a multitude of issues. My paternal grandfather had skin rashes on which he put zinc ointment; my niece has psoraisis/eczema, a cousin lupus.  Hopefully someone amongst us can connect the dots.

• Posted

Very interesting. With me they diagnosed LS gave me steroid cream sent me off and never offered any other tests for thyroid or anything, was like it was no big deal and she signed me off there and there but I thought they would want to see me due to the increased risk in cancer (although I know the risk is low)
  • Posted

In my family everyone except myself has several forms of arthritis and Lupus & Graves disease. I had tendency toward skin rashes like poison ivy, hives, shingles, supposedly herpes but it's now thought it was the LS. My worse flare that sent me back to my doctor occurred after extreme stress of family members who died, all in a short period of time. I cried everyday for over 2 years and then this hit. I think that stress kicked me into full blown flares LS, that deterioration happened all at once.

• Posted

Definitely sounds like a genetic connection with the autoimmune then. Stress makes me flare too but hard not to stress everyone does in one way or another

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.