just an update and some good news

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all,

Just to update that i put in for an MR for my PIP was very lucky to get a welfare worker do it for me which helped alot, she was saying that she had so many arguments with the DWP about the assessors telling porkies or putting down the exact opposite about what had been said, can you imagine if the claiment did that we'd have the book thrown at us.

So now the waiting sent more eveidence hope this helps.

But one piece of good news, was concerned i had'nt herd from Maximus about my ESA normally 2 months before its due, got a bit worried so rang the DWP apparently they have put me back in the support group for another 2 years, pity they don't seem to let you know now. Anyway I'm relieved that i have'nt got to go through that bit.

2 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations. What can be done about assessors telling lies as I've heard so much about this and I'm going to be assessed for Pip on Monday. This has caused me added stress. On top of the pains.

Congratulations again

• Posted

Will be thinking of you on Monday, let us know how it goes. x
    • Posted

Hi.

I know how stressful the assessment can be and don`t wish to add to this but think that, as has been mentioned in other posts, you should be aware that from the moment you arrive the assessor will be watching you. In my case, she even recorded me taking my ID out of my bag (a light weight canvas bag) and how far I walked from the waiting room to the room for the assessment. She wrote this in her report which the decision maker took as one of the factors to indicate that I was able to perform tasks (which I am unable to perform)!

Hope it goes well for you and hope you can give us all on here some feedback and the reply you get from DWP.

• Posted

Thank you so much. I will keep you posted. Have a wonderful day
  • Posted

Good news Janet about being back in the support group for another 2 years.  I hope it turns out to be good news also for the PIP MR.
  • Posted

Hi Janet

Good news that you had such a helpful person who knows the score assist you with the form. As I mentioned in reply to beautifulme, note the way that assessors can and do watch claimants.

Also I would suggest that you keep all the evidence you have as it will prove useful should you have to appeal. If that is the case (and I sincerely hope it isnt) then please let us know.

Good luck.

Steve

• Posted

I got pip till 2019 but didn't get even 1 point for esa even tho my problems are worse and have more the guy on the fone said if I can wash my face in morning I'm fine dnt want 2 go in 2 details on here but if the woman who done my f2f actually listened 2 me and not keep foning me off I would have got my points across

• Posted

PIP and ESA are 2 completely different benefits with completely different criteria. Please have a read of the criteria for ESA if you don't fit these criteria you won't score those points. Good luck with MR if you go for it.

• Posted

HI, I was ESA for 3 years in the support group, but in December I received a ESA form, sent it off with all the reports I could find, and a month later I get a letter saying I'm in the support group and I didn't need a face to face interview. I'm now waiting to hear back from PIP, a lady called to go over the PIP form, so hopefully it won't be too much longer for a decision.

• Posted

Hi Janet !

Ill keep everything crossed for you !

My mum recieved her decision today....was a no and lots of lies in the report. Makes you sick doesnt it 😡😡😡😡😡they also took away an element of her esa( not sure what its called ).

Again good luck !

Sophie

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that. She now has 28 days to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration. The part of ESA that she lost would have been Severe Disability Premium (SDP)

• Posted

Sorry to hear about the decision made about your mum. Hope she has some success with the MR and keep a copy of everything and evidence in case she has to go to appeal. Good luck to you and her.
  • Posted

Great news on the ESA Janet and goodluck with the MR. Hope you're not waiting too long.

• Posted

Thanks Steve and Denise,

I have told my mum she should appeal ect and both myself and my sister have offered to helo but she is adamant she will not fight it. The system has beat her down so much. She suffers extreme anxiety and depression so this sort of situation is really hard for her to cope with. Shes had enough now of it all.. i feel for her. Xx

• Posted

It defo is degrading have have bad depression and anxiety plus high blood pressure I'm diabetic have asthma and attend psychologist and I didn't get even 1 point for my esa

• Posted

I feel for you i really do. Seeing what my mum goes through i really couldn't imagine what its like. Did you fight the decision? Xx

• Posted

I just got the letter the day so I'm gonna fone on Monday for a mandatory reconsideration but know I wnt get that but I'll appeal it cnt understand why I got all the points got my pip and none for esa x

• Posted

I dont know much about esa to be honest. If you are up to it definitely fight the decision! Its not fair. Illnesses can be invisible,just because the assessor cant seethem doest mean they aren't there x

• Posted

Defo she was about 25 and cut me off every time I was trying to tell her stuff fire alarm went off had 2 stand outside for 45 minutes be in freezing cold then went I had letters and everything and she just wasn't intersted in half of what I needed 2 say

• Posted

Too much power is given to assessors. If you have an assessor that maybe has a bad view of the benefit system and the people on it you have no chance in getting what you are entitled to. Its so frustrating! I do hope you get a positive result!

My other half has just applied so i dread to think what will be written....

Xxxx

• Posted

Hi,

Standing outside and your friend leaving you alone most probably went against you, as i said before. You did say you can't go out alone. You just have to be very careful about contradicting yourself at these assessments. They do like to try to catch people out. Did you have a look at the ESA criteria to see where you think you should have scored points? This is what you'll need to do in order to challenge the decision.

• Posted

I cnt help that my friend had 2 go 2 work I explained that when I got appointment so no it wnt help but was something beyond my control
    • Posted

Defo and it's ppl that dnt have a clue about u and ur needs hope all goes well for use thanks again

• Posted

I appreaciate that but as I say nothing I could do but stand outside as was told if we left we would fail automatically or have 2 go back another day and I was stressed enough going and my friend had 2 go 2 her work
    • Posted

Thank you! You too. I wish my mum xould don what you are doing ! Keep us informed xxxx
    • Posted

I will im doing it cause I worked all my days now Im ill and get nothing had a heart attack and blood clot in my lung had mrsa and sepsis and caught that flesh eating bug while in hospital so have a hole on my bum cheek and cnt sit longor need a pillow 2 sit on it didn't take that in2 consideration hope ur mum gets what she deserves no wonder ppl do daft things when going thro a system like this

• Posted

I seriously cant see how you are having trouble with esa... it baffles me ! Xxxx
    • Posted

The reason the guy on the fone told me Is because I can do the basic things like washing my face I was gobsmacked
    • Posted

Hi Sophie

I can well understand how the system can and does wear people down, as I wrote on another post the government have stated that many do not go to appeal but fail to say why.

There is a slim chance your mum might have the decision reversed on receipt of the MR but as others have pointed out, and from personal experience, the MR decison maker will more than likely back the original decision or even change the points already awared, but please do not let this make you or your mum give up. That is what "they" want! I know from what you said that your mum is adamant about not proceeding to appeal but is there any possibility she might consider a "paper" appeal - so she wouldnt have to appear at the hearing? This is only a suggestion and hope that whatever happens you and your mum will be successful. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.