Just another day

Posted , 2 users are following.

Been on 7.5mg now for 10 days and 10mg seroxat, had to stop liquid mirtazapine made me to nauseus, so now taking half 15mg. Does anyone have this feeling in the legs, its hard to explain what its like, but it makes me feel aggitated, no patience to do anything, Not sure if its the anxiety or medication, but I just want some relief from it. Only respite from it is when I go to bed and mirtazapine knocks me out. Morning comes around to soon though, and thought of day ahead frightens me.

Just want my life back and start living again instead of existing and hoping tomorrow will be a better day, but it never is.

I never had depression it was only anxiety, panic disorder, but I can feel depression creeping in.

Sorry to go on, just fed up with it all

Thanks for listning

Danielle

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

:roll:

Hello Danielle,

Had the same sensations when I was on 15mg Mirtazapine, particularly sensations in my legs and a terribly short fuse, got rid of most of them when I increased the dosage to 30mg. I sleep too well, 9-10 hours, and feel slightly sedated during the day ... these symptoms are certainly better than I was before.

Because you are taking more than one medication it may be advisable to get back to your Health-Care provider asap. It would appear that this group of Mirtazapine Users has quite a few issues with regard to side-effects, so 'chase the people who give them out'.

We've got a few days of good weather ahead of us, that always gives me a lift, I hope it does for you too.

Best wishes,

Stephen

• Posted

Hi Stephen, My problems started when I upped the dose to 30mg, so I went back down to 15mg but it was a generic version, when I asked for the original he said there was no difference, dont know if its the coating on them or what but I never felt the same since.

Sister came to visit today and was shocked to see the state I was in, still got the aggitation, nausea absolutly no energy, but she got me an appointment at the doctors tomorrow. Bit scared of what he might say as since sptember I have tried 5 different antidepressants, have asked him before to put me back on seroxat, as it worked well for me in the past,both getting on and off, all I got was well just try this one.When I went for my last review he was on holiday and had to see a locum, so I asked to put me back on seroxat and she did, dont think hes going to be very pleased. Personally I think if I get the mirtazapine out of my system and up the dose of seroxat I will be fine, although I will miss the good nights sleep I get from it. I just feel as if Im at breaking point now.

Sorry to ramble on, will let you know what happens tomorrow if Im not in the Mad House.

Take Care

Danielle X

• Posted

I was incredibly irritable when I first started mirtazapine. I am still on 15mg combined with prothiaden 150mg and lithium 1,000mg. I had to have have a hysterectomy last year and although I kept my ovaries and am not menopausal attributed my irritability to hormones. With my GPs blessing I now take agnus castus and evening primrose daily and this has helped considerably. I dont know whether your irritability is to do with female hormones. Agnus castus needs to be taken with a doctors consent but it might help any menstrual irregualrities as well as PMT as it has done for me. I hope some of this is useful for you. PB.
  • Posted

Just thought I would update, been to see my own doctor today who was surprised to find out the locum doctor had not stopped the mirtazapine all together when I started seroxat. Explains why I have been feeling so bad for last 2 weeks. So no more mirtazapine(going to miss the great nights sleep I had on it though). Have to remain on 10 mg seroxat for another 2 weeks then he will up the dose, was originaly on 40mg, still taking propanolol and try to keep diazapine to every other day. When I asked why he had been so reluctant to put me back on seroxat, was told its a second line treatment, suppose its all down to cost. So fingers crossed all will go well.Anyone any idea how long mirtazapine stays in the body, doctor said it leaves all most straight away whatever thats supposed to mean.

Take Care Everyone

Danielle XXX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.