Just back from my PIP assessment.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am back from my assessment, i was so nervous. I arrived early with my sister. I was seen early and the assessment was 30 minutes. The lady was very nice. She asked many questions to which a few times she tried to answer the question for me IE (Do you use an aid for the toilet) she would say a step after she asked the question. She wanted me to do a physcial test to which she also wanted me to get on this bed type thing only if i could and it was miles to high to climb on. It was not as bad as i thought. Thank you all massively for your words. x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Natalie,

I have followed your posts, even though I have not commented on them. I am so pleased that you have now been for your assessment and all that worry is now behind you, as I know you were not looking forward to it.

Thankfully, it didn't sound too traumatising for you. 

I do hope that everything goes in your favour, which I feel sure it will.

Please let us know how things go.

Wishing you all the best, Natalie.

Best wishes and (((hugs)))

Sasha

• Posted

Thank you, I am glad it is over and done with. I didnt know why she would have wanted me to get onto a bed like you see at your GP surgery but she said it was too high and it didnt lower so i couldnt get on it.
  • Posted

Hi Natalie glad it wasn't too bad for you. Yes the assessor's will try to put words in your mouth but in the example you gave that could be a good thing (an aid for toilet needs scores points!)

Keep us informed on how you get on.

• Posted

Thank you, Yes she answered the question even though i was basically going to use the same answer... but i gave a more detail answer so that it didnt look like i was just agreeing with what she said. I didnt like the fact when she was giving me a physical examination she was on her knees talking to me.
  • Posted

I'm very please for you and hope that the DWP decision falls in your favour.

I will be taking my son tomorrow and like you we are dreading it.  My son is having the worst days of his illness at the moment as he only has bad days and very bad days.

We have been warned that our appointment might not be on time and that it will probably take 1 hour - I can only hope that the person who will see us acknowledges his pain and shortens the interview.

• Posted

Hi,

​I cannot advise much but i arrived earlier and was seen early, The assessment was short and she could see the pain of sitting up then leaning back then sitting up again caused. Try to explain alot of detail for every question. They basically ask questions that are found online.

​Good luck x

• Posted

The things they ask you to do during the assessment indicate what you would be likely to do in daily living. For example, if you can stand up from sitting on a chair without help, yet you say you need a grab rail to sit on the toilet, that indicates you don't need an aid, and vice versa. If you haven't claimed an aid, but you need to use the arms of the chair to stand up, that ndicates you DO need an aid. If you can climb onto the couch you can probably get into a bath without help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.