Just back from post op and

Posted , 5 users are following.

It's a no go for 2 more weeks 👎🏼 still full of stitches. I'm sure the hubby will be thrilled... Not lol other wise she said it looks great

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It's early days steph so take things easy, listen to your body and you'll be grateful in the end.

• Posted

Hi Steph,

My surgery was 3 month ago

Some of stitches are still there!

A bit softer but there!

They are going to dissolve within 3-6 month.

Take it eazy, most important- don't lift anything more than half of a kettle weight!

Take care

• Posted

Stitches dissolve before 6 months Sheeba in fact they should have dissolved by 16 weeks post op. If they haven't there's a risk they could become embedded and possibly infected. 

• Posted

Yes I go back in 2 weeks. She said she might have to trim some out 😱

• Posted

Don't worry steph. It will be painless and you don't want them to get embedded x

• Posted

Yes Matron, between 3-6 month

Im 3 month after my surgery or 12 weeks, stitches are not embedded or infected

They are softer, but still there

Im checking it with my doctor every 4 weeks

She is very happy with heeling

Take care😊

• Posted

You are only 12 weeks. Not all of my sutures had dissolved at 12 weeks. They can take up to 16 weeks to dissolve but not 6 months. You would have an infection long before then if they hadn't dissolved and probably a pelvic infection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.