just been awarded pip finally!!!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been trying to get pip since 2014 and has been declined twice but third time lucky and i have been awarded it i got a text yesterday morning. i am awaiting my letter but i am just wondereing 

does anyone know when my first date of claim would be?? The first time i applied or the date i put my 3rd application in? 

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I just want to say Congratulations.  I am not in the UK so I have no idea how this process works.

In the US they go from the date of FIRST application.

I also was awarded benefits (in the US)...and I ALSO have been waiting since 2014...The TORTURE I have been thru with the worry and anxiety has probably taken 5 years off of my life.

SO..I know the happiness and relief you are feeling.

• Posted

hi katie1416.  If your text was not sent in error, then your award will start from the latest date. (or, 3rd attempt then)
  • Posted

Hi katie

if this was a brand new claim and not an appeal it will be paid from date of this claim. 

Congrats its been a long wait for you

• Posted

Also I Would ring them on Monday to find out what they have awarded you.
  • Posted

Hi Katie....I applied for my first pip in June last year....n i was turned down twice but had a tribunal in Jan...but went for another assessment n got both the enhanced rate..on mobility..n every day living...it will be the date on ur new claim...congratulations...I now have it up until 2020...they do back date it though
  • Posted

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to this Katie, but just wanted to say well done for persevering, that's brilliant news.  biggrin

• Posted

Hi Katie

1stlt congrats

I would just like to add ....if this was a NEW CLAIM ...in that you applied for PIP but where not in reciept of Disability Living Allowance ...and got it on your third try then it will be from date of your second appeal / third try

And could ve back dated to the start of this claim as you where not in reciept of another disability benefit

If however you where receiving DLA nothing will be backdated

Hope that helps!

• Posted

I was on a life awarderds Dla middle rate however scored 2 on the pip face two face had a madontory reconsiderashon who had checked my gp supporting letter got 11 points anyway got a esa asment next week anyone know how many points for the support group I know it's 15 for esa

• Posted

HI Katie 1416 iam so pleased for u

Iam just waiting myself for a answer it's been about 3 week now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.