just been diagnosed

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone ive recently had a breakdown and been diagnosed with hypomania bipolar ive suffered a lot of abuse all my life and im doing good to still be here. im hoping i can find others to talk too who suffer with this condition or similar.

many thanks for reading.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicola

Since manic depression has been replaced with "bipolar disorder " there seem to be as many diagnoses as there are doctors (psychiatrists).

Are you on any medication ?

I'm here for you anyway

Wendy

X

• Posted

Hello thank you for your reply, i am on diazapan and apriprizole also now on tamazapan to try and help me sleep but im still struggling badly sad ive been up since 2am sad i feel so so exhausted.

Nicola

x

• Posted

Hi Nicola,

Sorry to hear you're not sleeping.  I bet your muscles ache.

Aripiprazole is an anti-psychotic drug used in bi-polar to bring  someone down off a 'high'.  Diazepam is, I believe, a drug to help you calm down and aids sleep but if you are on tamazepam as well to get to sleep your hypo(under)mania is not being touched by the drugs so you  may have to increase your dosage

This is just from my own experience.  I am not a doctor though so you will need to ask questions of your own psychiatrist for your own individual case.

Hope you can get some sleep soon.

Wendy

xx

• Posted

hello Nicola, welcome to the world of human yoyo's. hope you are coping better - if not don't worry too much, as another bipolar bod I can tell you that there are good and bad times, its not all bad. I also have trouble not sleeping for long periods, and this can wear you down so much that your problems seem much worse and harder to handle. if you can't sleep, try to rest - or learn to meditate or relax with other techniques.  Also, if you start to irritate other people, best thing is to keep away from those who can't deal with it, they only make you feel worse with all their crap about 'why are you doing this to me yadder blah'. good luck
    • Posted

Hello, Thank you for your reply it makes so much sense what you have said to me, i tend to get a few hours sleep most nights which isnt doing me any good, im under the crisis intervention team at the min and i have visits from them  every other day they are helping but i really need some good counselling.

My partner struggles to cope with me and im not nice to her at times but i feel like its out of my control it feels like torture its horrible, im hoping to start some relaxation classes soon as i think it will do me good.

sorry for going on a bit, I hope you are ok??

• Posted

Hello Wendy,

Thank you for your reply it means a lot and what you have said about the tablets sounds about right i feel they are putting me on all different ones but they arent working that well if that makes sense?

They have now increased the aripiprizole to 20mg daily and have stopped the zopiclone, the tamazapam made me very very confused and was scary i felt like my whole body was numb and i feel like i cant even speak its horrible sad im scared to take it again.

sorry for going on and I hope you are ok?

• Posted

Hi Nicola,

Sorry for delay in getting back to you.  No need to apologise and I am not too bad ta.

Hope you are feeling a bit better.  You should report your adverse reaction to the tamazapam to nursing staff.  They need to know things like this.  

Have you heard of Advocacy services?  They are free to patients who need help getting the support they need.  You should be able to find their details through the crisis intervention team, or your local office through the internet.

They helped me while I was in hospital and once I got home too and highly recommend their assistance.

Hope this offers you some hope.

Bye for now

Wendy

• Posted

Well done for keeping going and I hope 2016 will be a great year for you.
    • Posted

Hello Catherine thank you for your reply, its not been a good start to the year but the only was is up do you suffer with bipolar?

• Posted

Hi Nicolas. I to have just been diognosed and so messed up. My story was funny really I have a 16 year old with adhd and a brother with bi polar plus other mental health conDitton. So concern my son may have it. Took him to see a different phychariast than is to be look at. She said she could not help him until I got help. I didn't have a clue. I have always suffered with depression and recently had another baby so was diognosed with post natal depression. My usual pills didn't work so was given fluxatine aka prozac. I just though when I was on a high I could do more but these highs were not nice became angry. Was not hospitalized because I tend to try and fix people's problems so they thought I would be trying to fix other patients and have a 16 month old. Anyway they put me on same pills apart from tamazipam I take diazipam if feeling stressed and other on at night just increased it to 15mg. But I'm like a yo yo. Feel so low don't want to even get up yet manic in speach. My brother is different he goes from lows to highs in min. Yet they say I have mixed moods. When I asked which one she said bog standard. I have home tratment team coming round everyday. They say it is the alternative to going into hospital. Had social services here and now doing a team around the child meeting but say so safe guarding concerns. Met cmt last week and git another emergency appointment with phychariast on Tuesday. My bf has adult adhd so you can imagine how much support there. My son is classed as servely disabled under pips. I also have both parents terminally I'll and trying to care for them. They told me I can not drive even though I try and not take mess until nights at this point broke down saying how the he'll am I surprosed to do anything can't afford taxis and don't have the energy to even deal with me most of the time but no answers. I am also a social worker or was until my son became to ill so been out of work 5 years wanted to go back but people saying can't do that job with my illness. Now you can see y I'm all over the place. I truly know how hard it must be. I never thought for one min I had this and now I'm lost I do know if not for my children I may not be writing this. I get carers for my son funny who is surprised to car for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and nichola your not alone xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.