Just been diagnosed

Posted , 2 users are following.

Currently have hashimotos, and just yesterday I've been diagnosed with a second autoimmune condition. At the minute my levels are normal for b12 however I have positive gastric cells so the doctors is expecting my levels to drop eventually.

He has said he will monitor next month's blood test and then will start me on the injections.

I'm also taking folic acid and vitamin d tablets aswell as my thyroid, antihistamines for hives everyday.

I feel abit lost knowing I have this for the rest if my life

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi yes it's a biggie isn't it. I have Behet 's disease also auto immune. And yes it has been v difficult at times. But better with treatment. I am currently in remission with very little problems following a long treatment. Is there any chance of remission for Hashimoto's ? I know of it but not so familiar.

I would say follow a good regime in terms of taking meds, be careful of your diet. Join a good support group...we have a great one on facebook where people exchange information on what works well for them and just listening and being supportive. Helps so much. Sorry you are probably feeling quite overwhelmed by it all at the moment. But knowledge is a good thing. Knowing what is going on and getting the right treatment can often be a batte. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.