Just been diagnosed at 35

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been suffering from shoulder pain for over 5 years now, and have been with so many Physio's trying to solve my pain, with no luck. Finally after going to see a muscle skeleton person they said I have Hypermobility syndrome. I scored an 8 and said I'm in the highest level. They have told me to see a Physio and do Pilates. Will this help my pain I'm in everyday. Can't sleep for long or sit comfortably for long always trying to move it, to help with the pain. Some days I find it hard to hold a cup of tea up.

How does everyone cope with it. Only got diagnosed 2 days ago so waiting for referral for Physio.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey Kelly welcome to the bendy family I suggest you come off here and hop over Facebook where we all are. You'll find great support and more information on what it is to be a zebra. Start with the HMSA support page (hypermobility syndrome association) then come over the the EDS support group pages the hypermobilty support group and we'll see you there my name is Kirsty I am in all of them too x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.